UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poorly Ben

celeste

Thanks guys flowers.gif

I don't know if it's because I've been here before with Celeste all those years ago, but I feel quite at peace with it all. The big balloon is having a kip in the diningroom, I don't know if it's my imagination but he appears to be breathing a bit slower which is good,

Which ever cancer this is it's galloping along at a fast pace, even a week ago he was still able to come for a walk, but although he's still willing, I wouldn't risk it, he's so slow and I worry he'd collapse. If he can get enough respite that he can come for a walk again I'll be delighted.

I've only had him for 2 years, and if I had the choice again knowing what was ahead I'd still take him, he and Spud are such great friends, Ben's had a ball living here. His old owners ( who are paying part of his vets bill !...how kind is that ! ) loved him dearly but were quite strict with him, not hard in any way but very definite rules, he was only here 6 months and he was scoffing left overs off the plate and cadging food in the kitchen, his old owners would have been mortified biggrin.gif .

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does seem a bit better today, he doesn't appear to be in any pain and is breathing easier, but I think tomorrow will be the decider, I'm desperate not to have him suffer but equally desperate not to say goodbye. he's certainly not himself, although he did have a bloody good woof at the nutty Vizla that lives across the road when it barked at him rolleyes.gif.

He does seem a bit better today, he doesn't appear to be in any pain and is breathing easier, but I think tomorrow will be the decider, I'm desperate not to have him suffer but equally desperate not to say goodbye. he's certainly not himself, although he did have a bloody good woof at the nutty Vizla that lives across the road when it barked at him rolleyes.gif.

I hope the decision comes to you as clearly as the one I made for George did. You are both in my thoughts Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Vet will be coming this afternoon to send the big guy on his way. he's comfortable but has no quality of life, he looks tired and fed up mecry.gif, he can't walk very far before he has to stop for a breather. His appetite has returned a bit though, thanks to the steroids, he had flapjacks, home made cheese scone, ice cream, fish supper, pan fried lambs heart, he has some steak mince and ham for today.

I'll miss him so much, so will Spud, they were such good pals, I wouldn't change a single thing, my only regret is he couldn't get off his lead, he did a bit in the field across from us ( now known as Ben's Field ) I went round the fence when I first got him to make it Ben proof, so he did get some free running, but I would have loved to have seen him fly across the hill side with Spud.

So sorry you are to lose your lovely lad but at least you can take comfort from knowing you let him go when the time was right and didn't make him struggle on for longer because you didn't love him enough to let him go. I'm sure you have made many happy memories over the time he spent with you and they will make you smile again in the future.

:GroupHug:

Jane, my heart is breaking with you. But what a wonderful person you are to be able to send him on his way with his dignity intact and without being in agony,

You will have some wonderful memories and in time you will look back with fondness on your time with him.

All my family sends love and hugs for you this afternoon. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Anne, Nick, Barty & Chloe

Thank you so much for the support flowers.gif, I've just got him some sausages, what dog doesn't love a sausage ?, a couple of Bueno's and fudge doughnuts, the three of them can have a big slap up beano before he goes.

My friend janette will be coming along at lunch time, she's a reiki master and has been giving Ben treatments all through this, so she'll be giving him reiki whilst he's being pts to aid him on his journey to the bridge, although knowing Ben he'll be off like a comet and won't be stopping at any bridge, which is as it should be, it's always said of TM's that they love being with their people, it's just that they think being with their people means being on the same continent rolleyes.gif.

As I keep saying to him, he doesn't need to suffer for me, that's my job.