UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw Jazz - you can get your revenge with the survey though.

Tesco's has delivered my festive fare and arrived about 20 minutes before the slot I had booked. It was a lovely lady driver, who I'd not seen before, and she said if it was inconvenient to be turning up early she would come back later. No way! I was glad to get it.

I've never had any bother with any of the Tesco drivers and I've been using the service since 2001. Asda on the other hand ... I've only used them twice and both times the drivers were - well shall we say "less than enthusiastic" rolleyes.gif

RMF : I've been gardening. It's been horrendously wet here the past couple of months (even more so than Manchester normally is) and some of my Rhododendrons are wilting. I think it's because, when we had a few dry spells in the summer, I added some water retaining gel around the roots, which have now become waterlogged. I've dug out the compost around the roots where the gel was on a couple of them and replaced it, so hopefully that will do the trick. Got a couple more to do over the weekend.

I swear, if they gave a four minute Nuclear warning, Alex would be just popping out to do something with her rhododendrons :laugh:

It's a very dreary day here, hardly stopped raining at all. I'm afraid Rosie has waited in vain for her walk...she'd only put the brakes on ten yards up the road when she realised she was getting wet anyway! I managed to forget the one thing I really needed when I went shopping, so I'll have to brave Tesco again in the morning :wacko:

I hope everyone has what they want both materially and emotionally over Christmas, no one is lonely, and all animals of every kind and size are well fed and well behaved (and no upset tummies!) :flowers:

I swear, if they gave a four minute Nuclear warning, Alex would be just popping out to do something with her rhododendrons :laugh:

I'd probably bring my favourites inside with me and the dogs laugh.gif

I hope everyone has what they want both materially and emotionally over Christmas, no one is lonely, and all animals of every kind and size are well fed and well behaved (and no upset tummies!) :flowers:

Lovely sentiment flowers.gif

Forgot sorry! I did get a couple of French Reserve bottles of Sav Blanc - usually £8.99 each, two for a tenner, plus a bottle of Taste the Difference Nectarine Bucks Fizz reduced from just under a fiver to £2.69. That's me sorted for the next few days

glad you're sorted :flowers:

I've never had any bother with any of the Tesco drivers

Nor me, last night's delivery was late, but the driver called me to tell me how long he would be. :biggrin:

I managed to forget the one thing I really needed when I went shopping, so I'll have to brave Tesco again in the morning

I hope everyone has what they want both materially and emotionally over Christmas, no one is lonely, and all animals of every kind and size are well fed and well behaved (and no upset tummies!)

I nipped into two Tesco's today, looking for some nibbly things I had forgotten and I got out fairly quickly.Nice sentiment. :flowers:

Evening. Finished work at 4.30 after a rather fraught day thanks to muchos grumpiness again.

Martyn has had a stressful time of it in ASDA with people actually nicking things out of his trolley. He caught one bloke red handed.

Sorry you've had a stressful day, I can well believe the cheek of those people, I hate Asda with a passion! :ohmy:

:GroupHug: Owl, i am so glad Polly had a peaceful passing.

The vet says that there is still a tiny bit of the ulcer left in Jack's eye, so the buster collar will remain for a while longer :unsure: It is still itchy too, so we have yet another cream, that'ts three in total. He's happy in himself though and managed to wangle FIVE treats out of the vet. :wub:

I was kn@ckered this afternoon, so had a nap...for three hours! Trouble was, I dreamt i had got up, it was weird. :wacko:

moussaka for tea, ready made, can't be faffed with cooking :laugh:

What a lovely photo of Louie and Polly, thank you Amy :flowers:

It is very strange that no less than 8 strong-minded senior pulis belonging to members of my puli group have shuffled off during the past month, ages varying from 15 to 18. We think it must have been some kind of organised coup. The afterlife won't know what has hit it. :unsure:

Just popping on to send yuletide greetings to you all and lots of :GroupHug: to anyone who needs one.

Guess who is flying out to New Zealand tomorrow morning....which has just had more large earthquakes :ohmy: There was me just worried about the flights .....have gone beyond terror and fear thanks to rescue remedy....

Anyhow, my affairs are 'in order' so if we go off to meet the doglets :wub: I'm ready...que sera sera.

Hope you all have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year :flowers: :flowers: