• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's stopped here Alex. I'll blow it down your way laugh.gif

Whoops! I take that back. It's nissing down now rolleyes.gif

It's not piggin stopped all afternoon dry.gif

Bejo I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight flowers.gif

41842dc9.jpg

Awww bless - he does not look amused laugh.gifwub.gif

RMF : One of my kitchen units is a drawer unit. The bottom drawer was sticking out and today I'd just had enough so took the drawer out and cleared all the stuff that was behind it. It's only taken me about five years :blush: laugh.gif

I am meandering in and should like to pop in from time to time if that is OK.

Many things on my mind just at the moment, and am not very good at keeping up with things, or always wanting to 'speak' or be sociable.

Hope you understand. :unsure:

Where is the snow, blackmagic? Ar you in Scotland?

Good thoughts for Michelle and Julia and all Fugees having a tough time.

Thanks for advice and good wishes for Polly. She seems fine today, hard to believe it ever happened.

Diesel, the ridgeback x GSD who has been roaming Chesterfield area since 6th May, has fetched up near Bolsover where he was seen and positively ID'd by someone who knows him well. Looking fit as a flea! Hope we can catch or trap him. It's amazing how there have been weeks and even months with no sightings, as he is a big dog. But he has the knack of fading into the landscape.

Yes,I am up in the far north, 40 miles south west of John O'Groats.

Today we had to go to collect dog food but on the way the car skidded across the road, then skidded back across the road, hit the verge and turned turtle into a ditch.

We had police, ambulance and fire engine there, but we were both unhurt and able to crawl out of the driver's door window before any of them arrived. A very nice man with a working collie stopped to help us and let us sit in his warm van until help arrived.

The car was not so lucky and is probably a write off.

The rescue guy who collected us told us that when he came up there were two others in ditches on the same road. One was nose in but the other was upside down, like us.

We have had snow showers and sunshine off and on all day and there is a few inches lying in some places.

It was not forecast to arrive until tonight so arrived 24 hours early.

Thank goodness we did not have the dogs with us, although they had a long wait until we got home.

It is amazing how dogs survive on their own. A bitch, who was boarding with friends while her owner was visiting an ill relative in Canada, escaped from the car and bolted.

She is a rescue dog and very timid of people.

She spent three weeks running back and forward along the north coast. She lived on Orkney and kept going to the ferry depot.

Nobody could get near her. She will only go to her owner.

Of course people tried, despite being told not to, but that just caused her to be even more timid..

Several people were keeping a watch for her and our dog warden was fantastic, going out with her own dogs in the hope the bitch would come to them and giving advice.

Fortunately, when her owner returned the bitch was spotted nearby and as soon as she heard her owner's voice she ran straight to her.

Apart from sore feet the bitch is fine.

That must have been terrifying, Blackmagic...I'm glad you were both ok, but a shame about the car, is it your only vehicle?

Good news about your mum Snow, she's obviously regained her fighting spirit!

I'm keeping an eye on one of my daughter's cats this weekend, she's pretty much on her last legs poor thing, but the tablets we got down her yesterday and this morning seem to be making a bit of difference...unfortunately I can't do it all week so I hope she survives until my daughter returns from the Canary Islands next Saturday. :unsure:

:wacko: Scary Blackmagic, glad you are OK.

:flowers: Glad to hear your Mum is feeling more like herself Snow.

I am kerknackered as are the dogs. Glen :wub: Mr Consistent got 4 clear runs. Molly was mainly eliminated but did some very nice bits of the courses. In fact in the helter skelter she only got 5 faults for missing the tunnel entrance. I was really pleased with how she did :wub:

Well doen Glen and Molly :flowers:

blackmagic, how frightening :ohmy: glad you are both unhurt and that you had a helpful passer-by with a warm car.

That is quite something, that dog on Orkney.

Westonbirt sounds like it was a good day out.

Hi to Mrs B the famous cake lady :biggrin:

Ted :GroupHug: somehow black dogs are even better at looking disgruntled than other colours.

Snow, good news that your mum is more her old self.

Polly is still doing fine :biggrin:

Wispa and I decided to have our walk in Bolsover area today, just on the off chance we might glimpse Diesel. She never forgets the scent of a dog she has tracked, even after several months. I had intended to go to area of last sighting, but misunderstood owner Brian's directions and couldn't find the place at all so drove a bit further on and parked on a quiet side road. As soon as we got out, Wispa started air scenting and proceeded down the lane at a steady hurtle :wacko: with nose in air, then got fresh ground scent down a farm track cum footpath which swung back to Bolsover and alongside the M1. She hauled me down to a small bridge across the motorway, the kind they build for tractors etc where a farm is divided. The gate was locked but a dog or even a person could have gone round through the fence. There was a lot of scent there. I didn't go further as had turned awkwardly and pulled my knee :angry: but as we turned back she started air scenting and was really vibed up, indicating in direction of a plantation of young trees on the other side of a big newly-sown field which I couldn't go stomping across without permission. I called Brian who came up to meet us and by chance knows the farmer. He took over from there and will talk to farmer and search area. Quite a stroke of luck, going to the wrong place which turned out to be the right one, and finding out where Diesel was crossing the M1 which was the missing part of our Diesel map. He's still buzzing round a triangular territory as they mostly do, but each side is around 10 miles long! And he's using watercourses to get through Chesterfield centre, which is why such a big dog gets around unnoticed. I know someone who used to work for Severn Trent and knows every watercourse in the area, including the streams which go through the town centre via tunnels, so he helped us map the routes the dog is using.