UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Member From Leicester With Questions

dino2387

Hi,

I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice if possible.

The situation is this -

I have two dogs and two cats and they all get on, kind of, but i am looking for a dog for my mother to adopt. I think that she would benefit from some animal companionship and thought that an older dog would suit her best. The trouble i am having is that although my mum has had dogs for most of her life, she is now not in too much of a good way herself, in terms that she would be unable to take a dog out on regular walks as she is almost unable to walk herself. She does has quite a large garden, but due to a possible move, the garden space will be reduced, although there still will be some garden space. Initially i was told that a greyhound would be good as they do not require to much walking, then i was told that maybe a smaller dog would be good. Basically i am looking for a dog that can walk well on a lead ( as this would mean that she could take him/her out for a walk) gets on well with other dogs and cats(for the times that either i take mine to her, or the adopted animal has to stay with us for a bit). Does anyone know of such a dog?

Thanks for any help in this,

Dino