UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Owners Of Missing Dogs Jess & Bramble

owl

A couple of patterdales, mother and daughter, went off on a jolly a couple of months ago and we have been seeking them ever since. Wispa has worked hard on their trail, with accurate results because they were later seen in areas which she had indicated. They are both expert hunters and will have no problem feeding themselves. The problem is that the daughter, Bramble, was just in whelp when they took off. She will have had her pups about 9 days ago, and of course has hidden her den so well that even Wispa can't find it. Jess is hunting for the family, but instinctively laying roundabout trails so no animal can track her back to base.

Unfortunately one or two people have decided that as these owners (one of whom is a vet) very occasionally breed, they must be puppy farmers keeping dogs in poor conditions and the dogs must not go back to them. I have been to their home many times now, I have seen all their animals and can assure everyone that the conditions are excellent and all the animals are happy, including some which have been rescued and rehabilitated and are NOT there for breeding.

The individuals causing this hate campaign have not been to the premises, they do not know anything about these people. I do not wish to start a discussion about breeding as I know some on here are strongly opposed to any kind of breeding however infrequent and well thought out. What I would like to say is if anyone has received any of the emails which are being sent out to rescues about the owners of Jess and Bramble, please talk to me rather than listen to someone who doesn't know the people and hasn't visited the premises.

As a result of these doubtless well-meaning but misinformed rumour-spreaders, not only do the genuine searchers have to try to get the little family in before the worst of the winter, but we are up against a campaign encouraging people to get to them first and whisk them away.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by owl

Im always uncomfortable seeing missing litters in the paper and on dog lost. They are usually stolen from a shed and others are left behind despite them being much loved pets that the children are crying over. However Ive seen enough hate campaigns to last a lifetime.They start of with one grudge filled person and get spread by people in armchair rescue desperate to actually be doing something. Before you know it people are being vilified on the say so of people you wouldnt trust to put your bins out in real life. There should be more action and more easily available police action. At the moment we have harrassment but it needs to be opened up to include the real repercussions of these despicable campaigns.

If the dogs get moved on due to people acting without evidence then theft is clearly an event that will have taken place.