UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cruciate Ligament

gooster

Thanks guys. He's not liking being confined to the floor. Last night I ended up picking him up and putting him on the sofa with me, which meant I spent all night making sure as soon as he stirred, that I was up and ready to put him on the floor before he jumps down :rolleyes: He still isn't wanting to use his leg. I think he finds it easier to dash about on 3 legs than use his hurty leg, so we are going out to the garden at a snail's pace to persuade him to use it. Not seen him since 8am though as he is at mum and dad's house, so hopefully his painkillers have helped him use it a bit more today.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone is enjoying being lifted and carried everywhere!

f1fa3997.jpg

He has been busy pulling his plaster off his leg yhoigh, but has left his stitches alone thankfully! The wound is looking well, and he seemed to want to weightbear a bit more tonight.

80a6deb6.jpg

Thanks all, we went for his 2 week check today.

Vet is pleased with him, however he would like him to be using the leg a bit more. Tom did say though that because he is fit, little and agile, he will find it easier to move about on 3 legs. So he has recommended we start hydrotherapy asap. Stitches also came out today. He can start short 5 minute walks as of today, which again Tom said will help him use his leg.

Felt a bit embarrassed though, as was quite hungry, and nearly passed out in the consulting room :rolleyes: I love my vet, as he went and got me some water and chatted to me until I was feeling ok again. Would it be a bit mad to sell my house and move to Nantwich just so Tom can be my normal vet? :unsure: :laugh:

Forgot to add, we are booked in for our first hydrotherapy session next Tuesday :)

• 4 weeks later...

He does the most pathetic woe is me face when he is swimming around. Looks around to the outside looking like we are killing him. He doesn't like it when he has to rest on the ramp, but is ok when he is swimming around, apart from looking pathetic!!

He does the most pathetic woe is me face when he is swimming around. Looks around to the outside looking like we are killing him. He doesn't like it when he has to rest on the ramp, but is ok when he is swimming around, apart from looking pathetic!!

Awww, none of mine have enjoyed hydro either, they all seemed really good at just using their front legs and not the back ones. Good to see him making a recovery Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Charlie had his follow up x rays on Friday. Vet said he's not fully healed yet, but nearly there. He's now allowed to do stairs :partytime: However we are still on lead for another 4 weeks. Whilst he was sedated for his x rays, the vet removed a lump from his other back leg, so he's feeling a bit sorry for himself at the moment :rolleyes: