UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Orations

merledogs

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Stupid question alex, but would it not be quicker to go over woodhead and down the M1 to get to Derby? I know it is from this side of Manchester. :flowers:

I'm over to the West, so it would take longer for me that way flowers.gif

Took Izzie for a nice walk late afternoon and got attacked by wasps :ohmy: Jodie got one sting and had them crawling through her hair and Izzie got stung a few times and had loads in her coat, i had a few on me but no stings. As it was on a public track i called police who in turn got pest control out. Hes just phoned me and said there was a huge swarm very aggrevated and aggressive and we were very lucky to get away as we did. Very scary :mecry:

Glad you are okay Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif I have a wasps nest in my flat roof at the moment and have had loads in the house but they are completely non aggressive. Even when I went onto the flat roof (before I knew they were there), there must have been 100 of them swarming round and not one of them acted aggressively. When I've found them on my windows, I've just picked them up on my finger and put them outside. I quite like wasps now, but in your situation I probably would have been terrified as well - I wonder if something disturbed their nest?

ive got the doctors

a meeting

the vets

and something else .... I knew I didnt need to write it down as I wouldnt forget .....

oh freddie lol

ive had to use a table for my coffee mug as the tinies were knocking it over jumping from sofa to chair. freddie just cant see it so every day manages to trap his head in it and try walking

dont we just love em?

The pest control guy phoned me last night and said that at this time of year the queen wasp is getting ready to leave the nest so the other wasps are extra defensive. He closed the track off and said we were very lucky as there were at least 100 wasps on the bank and they were very aggressive, had we walked the track from the other end we'd literally bumped into the main part of the swarm. I really dont like the fact they've been destroyed but i dont suppose much else could be done. I was amazed at how fast they were at getting through hair, Izzie was literally going mad as they were through her coat to her skin.

The pest control guy phoned me last night and said that at this time of year the queen wasp is getting ready to leave the nest so the other wasps are extra defensive. He closed the track off and said we were very lucky as there were at least 100 wasps on the bank and they were very aggressive, had we walked the track from the other end we'd literally bumped into the main part of the swarm. I really dont like the fact they've been destroyed but i dont suppose much else could be done. I was amazed at how fast they were at getting through hair, Izzie was literally going mad as they were through her coat to her skin.

The workers will die off when it gets cold and the fertilised queen will hibernate for the winter.

Once spring comes , if she survives the winter, she will make a new nest and lay her eggs to start a new colony.

ive just been to the diabetic clinic. im eating all the wrong foods lol

she said I looked bad. think how I feel I said lol

I know her, shes lovely so we can talk straight with each other

she then went through the questions, are you depressed, yep

have you lost interest in life ermm yep

im seeing my doctor on tuesday lol

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: jazz

One of the other opticians asked me today if I had been eating more chocolate than normal. My reply was 'why, has my bum got even bigger?' To which her response was 'no, but your skin is even spottier than usual.' :rolleyes: :laugh: I have been wearing my new makeup this week that has been covering them up, but didn't see the point this morning as it was chucking it down. Must try and get myself checked out for PCOS at some point, as I have weight I can't shift and am spottier than a teenager...

Alex hope your hand has gone down a bit now and feeling less painful. :GroupHug:

Jazz :GroupHug: I hope you can get your diet sorted and it helps you sort out other areas of your life too once you are feeling better.

CRB, that must have been really scary. Angry wasps are not nice to come face to face with. Hope no lasting scars for Izzie or Jodie. :GroupHug:

Marge, sounds like you are having a really tough time. I really hope the break gives you the energy you need to face whatever you have to deal with on your return. :GroupHug:

Julia, you sound like my teenage daughter! :rolleyes: :laugh: I think your boys should be nagging you to get your homework done. :D What is Matty upto these days?

Its all change at work since nasty boss went. Not sure all of its for the better at the moment though its certainly nicer to be able to laugh once in a while without fear of sarky comments about not having enough to do!

I have a headache that I can't shift. Had it for weeks on and off. Had my eyes rechecked and new glasses (which are more or less the same as old ones) just in case. This last week it has been mostly on so think I am going to have to find time to go to docs though not sure what they can do. I have been eating paracetomol and nurofen so painkillers won't get rid of it. :( I am off out tomorrow night on a leaving do from work so hope that a (long overdue) good night out and boogie, and several ciders will give me a GOOD reason for a headache! :laugh:

Narrow escape, collies r best. I advise everyone to keep some piriton in pocket on all outings, very handy for both people and dogs who get stung.

Alex, I hope your hand is better. You were right about that old dog we were looking for about 10 days ago. He had managed to make his way on to a neighbour's farm to spend his last hours there. A gamekeeper found him so his people have been able to bury him decently. Run free and young again, Joey.

Sending good wishes to all. We are busy here with tracking as per usual, and this evening I had to dash over to mums as her carer said she was very muddled. She certainly is, she can't remember any nouns. It's called nominal aphasia. She had a similar episode a while ago but was ok next day. Fingers Xed she will improve tomorrow.

Afternoon :tired:

I have a headache that I can't shift. Had it for weeks on and off. Had my eyes rechecked and new glasses (which are more or less the same as old ones) just in case. This last week it has been mostly on so think I am going to have to find time to go to docs though not sure what they can do. I have been eating paracetomol and nurofen so painkillers won't get rid of it. :(

It could be a migraine - I have been to the docs in the past because I had a bad headache for weeks, and he said it's a migraine (they don't all involve spots in front of your eyes). I hope you manage to get to the bottom of it and enjoy your night out :flowers:

Alex, I hope your hand is better. You were right about that old dog we were looking for about 10 days ago. He had managed to make his way on to a neighbour's farm to spend his last hours there. A gamekeeper found him so his people have been able to bury him decently. Run free and young again, Joey.

Sending good wishes to all. We are busy here with tracking as per usual, and this evening I had to dash over to mums as her carer said she was very muddled. She certainly is, she can't remember any nouns. It's called nominal aphasia. She had a similar episode a while ago but was ok next day. Fingers Xed she will improve tomorrow.

Sweet dreams Joey :lily: Nice that he had a good burial.

Hope your mum is okay :GroupHug:

RMF 1 : Work is manic as usual. I have been co-opted into leading an audit which I found out about yesterday and which could potentially last all week. I HATE AUDITS!!! I've already spent today planning it and am dreading it.

RMF 2 : I took Mia-cat to bed with me and the boys last night. At 3am Taffy woke me by nudging me with his nose and whining. I told him to sod off, then stretched my legs out and felt a wet patch. Mia had pee'd on my bed and it stank :mad: I got up, chucked Mia out, let the dogs out, stripped the bed and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. I think I finally dropped off again an hour before I had to get up, so am a bit :tired: now.

Evening. Weather has calmed down considerably although still raining.

:GroupHug: Jazz hope all of this helps

Owl hope your mum is feeling better and more herself today :GroupHug:

Alex ugh. Hope you get a better kip tonight. I wouldn't be able to sleep at all with that lot on me bed.

Tis the weekend. :biggrin: