UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Can I Ask For Some Reiki/good Thoughts

JulesB

Oh Jules I wondered where you had been. So sorry :GroupHug: There should be a little office somewhere in the hospital where PALS are based. Sending every good thought and hope your mum receives appropriate treatment very soon. You know where we are any time you need to offload. You could ask the distance healing network to put your mum on their lists too. I don't know the link but I'm sure someone here will give it to you shortly.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry Jules, :(

I can quite understand your anger and frustration as I was a nurse and know how some doctor's can behave and not very sympathic towards a patient. We often had to pick up the pieces. PALS are very good and helpful.

Sending lots of good thoughts and hugs to your Mother and you :GroupHug:

Cheryl & Mike xxx

Jules I am so very sorry - I can quite understand your anger and frustration, my mother too was told on her own and then left without any further information, I'm still very annoyed about it.

My MIL was also told the news on her own on Christmas eve.:mecry: She told us at visiting Christmas day. Sorry for both Jules and Snow. :GroupHug: Its tough to deal with so lean on whoever you can.

Definately get the PALS team involved. They can make such a difference.

What area does your mum live? Just wonder if there are any of us local that can help? :GroupHug:

Thanks so much for the good wishes everyone. It's very sobering to read about other people's experiences, both the positive and the not so good. I feel like we are in a lottery at the moment so it really helps to know that people are rooting for my mum and we are not on our own.

I'll look into whether there are any support groups local to her, she's in East Yorkshire, between Beverley and Hull.

Snow, I haven't kept up lately but I'm so sorry to hear about your mum too. I am sending her, and you, many positive thoughts and good wishes :GroupHug:

Barbara, thanks for the distance healing network, I'll definitely fill out the form :flowers:

Mum rang me earlier to say the community Macmillan nurse visited yesterday. Mum has a fabulous set of Macmillan nurses that are attached to the hospital but this is the first community Mac nurse to visit. Apparently she just turned to mum in the middle of a lovely chat sitting in the sun and bluntly asked if she had thought about what will happen after the treatment :ohmy: Mum said she seriously considered losing her manners and saying "Oh don't beat about the bush, just cut to the chase and ask me how I feel about croaking, why don't you?" It's not really funny, but we were screeching with laughter on the phone, it's the first time mum has had a proper laugh in ages, maybe it's part of the therapy :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the good wishes everyone. It's very sobering to read about other people's experiences, both the positive and the not so good. I feel like we are in a lottery at the moment so it really helps to know that people are rooting for my mum and we are not on our own.

I'm also in East Yorkshire. I didn't meet the MacMillan nurses myself but they are certainly there. The hospice I referred to is Dove House & they have day units, support for carers etc as well as ultimately in patient care. http://www.dovehouse.org.uk/

Very sorry to hear of your mums experiences :GroupHug: Have just been through similar with Dad, and its so damned frustrating when tests get delayed and pushed back and changed. I threw the odd hissy fit with doctors during dads many stays in hospital which seemed to initiate action, then it would stop again.

Stay strong and determined :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

If there is a hospice near her it would be worth seeing if she could go for day care - my mother goes once a week, she gets lunch, she joins in the craft sessions and most importantly (dad has Alzheimers and is almost deaf) she gets people to chat with - not just about her illness.

She was in a bit of a state when the MacMillan nurse asked her about whether she wanted to be in the hospice or at home when her time was up but now she realises that they ask that at the very start so the patient's wishes are known and the matter can then be discretely dropped rather than asking someone who only has days left. She was also worried about being referred to the hospice despite us going to visit and being told about the day care - but now she has been, and has also seen people who stay in for a few days then go home again she is far more relaxed about it.

I have to say the care and empathy she has received is fantastic - she is in her 80s, she has a serious lung problem, a pacemaker and now cancer in her bones and breast, but from the consultants to the nursing staff everyone has made her feel valued, taken time out to discuss things with her (and allowed for the fact she is a fractious old woman as I know from experience!!!)