UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Wheels

Rykat

We bought ours from Jim and I wouldn't recommend him :mad:

Thank you for that, Alicia. Very welcome feedback.

I don't know the guy personally & there will always be bad experiences for some I suppose but to be fair I have read many who do recommend him. Kazz / Redditchlady & Max in a thread on here being one of them if I remember rightly / you should wish to search for others experiences.

I did speak to him (well I e-mailed him anyway) but sadly he agrees with me - it's probably too much for Rinty at his age and, sadly, it probably wouldn't be financially worth it given his age. I know that sounds harsh but we adopted Rinty when he was at least 14, thinking that we might only have him for a few days - anything more was a bonus. So more than two years on, we are blessed but realistically we know it won't last forever. He recently had a large swelling on the top of his radius/ulna which was really solid so the vet said either worsened arthritis or osteosarcoma (the same evil cancer which killed my son) so we refused diagnostic Xrays which would distress him and not lead to any possible treatment. He wasn't in any pain. We braced ourselves for the worst. And miraculously, a month later, the swelling went down and Rinty is still around, still happy, and still adored.

Rinty is still a very happy dog who loves his food, cuddles, and walks. His walks are just a lot shorter now than he'd like but we're careful not to let him overdo it.

I've waffled. Forgive me - I just never tire of telling everyone how wonderful he is.

Thank you!

He is amazing. Not above being naughty (tried to steal a whole tray of sandwiches I'd made for a buffet yesterday - he's so quick!). And he's not that little. Several people in this village have frozen to the spot when they've seen him coming round the corner because they thought he was a wolf (!!!!) and one little boy asked his Mum if he was the biggest dog in the world. He's actually small for a GSD but he has a huge personality.

I know that, Ian. We got him when his previous owner died suddenly. The Police were called and called in the RSPCA as they have to do. They took away an 8 month old pup to rehome and tried to take Rinty to put him to sleep because he was "too old to rehome" but the neighbour stepped in and looked after him until a family posted asking for help on Rochdale Dog Rescue.

We'd just lost a 16 year old Springer we'd adopted aged 10.

pepperandapot.jpg

This is Pepper the Springer.

(we usually have something a little bit crusty around!) so we drove up to Rochdale, introduced him to our collie who liked him very much, and brought him home for what might have been his last few days. I do know it can't go on forever, and I'm so grateful for every day. A cart won't make him better, I just thought it might give him more pleasure in whatever time he has left, but now I think it would cause him more strain and he's better just having his short walks - for which he still bounds to the door about an hour before each one is due. He's actually a cross which is probably why he's made it to such a great age. And this is Rinty on the day he moved in:

Rintymovesin.jpg

and putting the smile back on my daughter's face

RintyandKat.jpg

I don't know the guy personally & there will always be bad experiences for some I suppose but to be fair I have read many who do recommend him. Kazz / Redditchlady & Max in a thread on here being one of them if I remember rightly / you should wish to search for others experiences.

I indeed did have wheels for Max from Jim. He was great with Max, met up with him for a fitting and Jim dropped them over to Redditch while he was en route to Coventry to fit them.

However!! I had to send a cheque for £150 to a lady for them which was duly done. Ok, maybe my fault but rightly or wrongly I assumed once cheque was sent it would all be ok. I didn't check the bank account and the cheque had not been cashed. *It had got lost in the post I think*

The first thing I knew was a ranting email from Jim asking me to send the wheels back as he accused me of trying to have them for nothing:(

I called him once I had checked my bank, resent another cheque to the lady so it got sorted.

However, the email that was sent really upset me as I was amazed that *such a pleasant* man could change so quickly without at least calling me first. x