UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been into John Lewis for a hot chocolate and a cake. I always have a mooch around once I have done that whilst I wait till 12.30 when I can pick Ted up.

Anyway, I was looking at the benefit cosmetics counter, when one of their staff members approached me and asked if I wanted her to try some of the products on me (you can see where this is going....). Anyhow, the stuff she put on me was absolutely amazing. I never wear makeup as it always looks shiny on me after about 10 minutes. They also say that if you buy their products and aren't happy, then you get your money back. Didn't buy everything, but bought a couple of bits. She has also booked me and mum in for another free makeover on the 16th October, so by then I'll have tried the stuff for a few weeks. Am really looking forwards to being able to wear makeup that won't look like an oil slick after about 10 minutes!!

corrr my hip is making me so immobile. Im doing what I can but having to rest more. Ive just rung up to see if they have an earlier appointment for the surgeon, they said no, but ring up after 10 any time and they will have a look. I know its only 3 weeks, but thats an age when im like this

ive just gone to put the car in the garage and didnt park back enough, so when the door opened, it knocked me backwards onto the car, just what I wanted!

Morning.

Finally starting to prize my head out of my backside after a rough six months. Dad lost his battle with cancer 6 weeks ago so Ive finally got to stop driving up and down the local motorways, to various hospitals, like lewis hamilton. Im now playing catch up on just about everything Id abandoned during his illness. I just need to re-discover my get up and go, which has deffinately got up and gone !!

So sorry to hear your sad news :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thanks folks. Its been a tough time but life has to go on, so Im back at my desk and trying to remember how to run a boarding kennels again :laugh:

Todays exciting work involves going to B+Q for drain catchers and washing line! Im not sure i can cope with such rivetting outings but I;ll give it my best shot

So sorry Helly :GroupHug:

My son phoned earlier to tell me sad news..his wife went for a routine pregnancy scan, only to be told there is no heartbeat :mecry: She was given the choice of pills or an operation to remove the foetus, she's going for the op tomorrow. I keep bursting into tears, how stupid am I? I would hardly ever have seen him/her anyway, with them living down South. I'll definitely never go to Heaven (not that I believe in it), as there was ring at the bell just now and a woman telling me she just wanted to chat to me about the Bible! I pointed to the "no cold callers" sticker on our door, snapped "can't you read?" and slammed the door in her face. Oh dear. I'm not normally so rude.