UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

Wishing, Fergus, Neo and Toffee a quick recovery.

We had a busy day yesterday and all got up far too late and now I feel bleurgh. Lie-ins don't suit me.

Wispa is in the doghouse, she bit Polly on the ear yesterday :angry: Just some minor spat over rights to the sofa but unfortunately she caught an ear tip and of course it bled like mad. Seems to be healing ok but still tender. Hasn't stopped Polly from trying to climb into the fridge whenever I open the door.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wispa is in the doghouse, she bit Polly on the ear yesterday :angry: Just some minor spat over rights to the sofa but unfortunately she caught an ear tip and of course it bled like mad. Seems to be healing ok but still tender. Hasn't stopped Polly from trying to climb into the fridge whenever I open the door.

Perhaps she's looking for frozen peas for her ear :laugh:

Perhaps she's looking for frozen peas for her ear :laugh:

:laugh: Glad Pollys ear isnt sore today.

Neo doesnt seem at all fazed by his stitched area. He has however licked the patch on his leg again where they shaved for the drip :rolleyes: Here we go again with the vetwrap. I think I may just buy the little devil a baby grow so he is completely covered! :laugh:

Alicia, glad you have your dogs back with you. :flowers:

Michelle, glad Fergus is drinking. I had that problem too. Ended up drowning Neos kibble to get him to take some fluids!

Afternoon

I've struggled to get going this weekend. Feeling generally run down. Just made a start on the cleaning though so house should be in better shape later.

Fergus is absolutely fine now. Wouldn't think he'd had a lump removed.

Hope Neo is leaving his leg alone. :GroupHug:

Naughty Wispa. Hope Polly's ear is ok today. :GroupHug:

Ooh snuggly bassets :wub:

Polly's ear seems fine thank you, and not sore at all. It's a bit matted around the bite but I don't want to de-mat it in case the scab comes off too early. Will just keep it clean and watch it.

Had a most frustrating afternoon yesterday. Wispa and I got a call to help search for an ancient collie x lab who had vanished from his home, not far from us, last thing Friday night. He was booked in to be helped over the Bridge next morning, because he was suffering from extreme confusion and his back legs was barely usable. He and the other dogs were let out, and he just sat by the door unable to walk much further. Then he disappeared. This is a farm down a long drive, and he could not have possibly walked off the premises. Most of the fields are fenced and he could not have got into them. He must be somewhere around the farm buildings and I am sure he is well and truly over the Bridge, but it would be better to find him asap rather than suddenly discover him in a few weeks time.

I thought it would be a doddle as he couldn't have gone far. But during the previous day he had been very muddled and agitated and had shuffled round just about every square yard of the farmyard, stables, stores and sheds, leaving a carpet of fresh scent with no beginning, middle or end. We were completely banjaxed and Wispa was going cross eyed trying to make sense of the puzzle. The people are going to bring in a friend with a busy working springer, good idea as an inquisitive rummager might do better than a tracker.

Morning :tired:

I hope the dog is found Owl. When we were growing up in South Africa dogs were usually allowed to roam free and given the freedom, they invariably chose to wander off and find somewhere away from the house when their time had come.

Edited by merledogs

One half marathon completed - I managed it 6minutes 12 seconds quicker than 2009 (still it took 2hr 45mins and 42 seconds so plenty of room for improvement!) I had really forgotten how "lumpy" Windsor Great Park really is!! It was a beautiful day, but running into head winds is not fair!! The winning guys overtook me at about 4.5miles and the winning girl overtook me at 5miles...now that really is an impressive sight to see running! Attempting Henley in two weeks :unsure:

Those Bassets look gorgeous, though it does look like they might need a third sofa?

Sorry to hear of your search snow :GroupHug:

:flowers: :GroupHug: for anybody I've missed.