UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: snow :GroupHug: i hope your mum gets the best prognosis possible, we are going through terminal cancer with my nan, she was given 6-9 months and is now at the 9 month mark and is feeling great for now :biggrin: she has up and down days. i must say your mum seems a very sensible lady letting you know whats what and where it is... i have tried to talk to my dad about his mum.... i have told him he needs to find out what she wants when she passes but he just says oh she will have told one of my sisters :rolleyes: i doubt very much as if she has.

i hope all goes well for Fergus on friday :flowers: ahhh you have a man with a cold..... glad it is not just me, he has driven me mad for a week :laugh:

Collies r best, sorry to hear about the cat but he is getting treatment and help all thanks to you :flowers:

i am in 2 minds if to write to my old friend now or not...... if i do voluntary work as i was told, at my next review i could be found fit for work.... even though with voluntary i was told it was o.k as if i didn't turn up there was no pressure but if i get found fit through doing voluntary work i would need to get a job even though i might not be able to turn up :unsure: i just don't know what to do.... also i have found that i could lose my benefit if it was found somebody would usually be paid..... there isn't a job with my mate he would just be helping me to see what i can manage and building my confidence..... he might not be able to help me at all but i just don't want to mess him about or cause him any bother

:GroupHug: Snow and Griff :GroupHug:

Phoned shelter and Squinty :wub: has been to vets and having treatment for his bad eye.Its funny how attached you get to them without realising it after feeding him for weeks. They've said to phone next week for an update and to see if hes been claimed although hes not reported missing at all which i already knew.They said hes very frightened :(

Evening from wet and windy Warrington.

Collies :GroupHug:

Snow :GroupHug:

Griff I reported that I was doing voluntary work for Oldies Club while I was on incapacity benefit. It depends on the type of work you'll be doing.

No pics of boat yet. It's a Sailfish 18. Looks a bit like the one in the first pic on this link. But what do I know :laugh: http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sailfish+18&hl=en&rlz=1R2ADRA_enGB411&biw=1280&bih=789&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9SF6TrOXCfCR0QW3qeCiAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CCQQsAQ

We put the mast up the other day (blooming hard work!) and I got caught having to hang on to it while Martyn found a neighbour (one of his litle chums) to come and help him get it back down straight! Apparently you can get a device to make it easier so he'll have to get one. It was fine with me releasing it back down but was too much to bring down straight at tother end.

Edited by Jacobean

awwwww glad squinty is getting help, we had a cat for 2 weeks and no one claimed him, when it came time to find him a home i couldn't stand letting him go so he stayed... thanks to him i got the dogs :laugh:

Jacobean that boat is lovely, i do hope martin gets his "device" :unsure: if it makes things easier it has to be worth it :biggrin:

I was told i must tell the benefits office that i am doing voluntary work... who for, how many hours and what i am doing, i have decided i am going to write to pete and see what he says, he might not be able to help me and if i lose my money well at least i will be doing something i like :biggrin: i will always find a way of getting by!

Michelle,I am very jealous of your boat. I LOVE sailing and miss it very much. Sailed for 9yrs old until ealy 20's. Parents had a couple of cruisers too but now moved onto Motorhomes after losing one to a fire.

CRB, glad that the cat is getting the medical help it needed. Hopefully it will get a lovely home where it can learn to trust. :flowers:

Griff, don't know what to suggest... hope you can have a good chat with your friend.

Snow, I hope you got the best possible news today. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I had to go to see my friend on Saturday. Hadnt seen her for ages but she mentioned on a text she was getting a pup.... 5 weeks old FFS!! She was asking my opinion so I gave it!! She has two young children, 4 and 10. The elder of the two has Downs. They are not the gentlest or quietest of children, in fact quite to the contrary!I talked an talked trying to convince her about possible behavioural issues not to mention very sharp teeth and house training (she also works 4 days a week) :mad: She had also spoke to the vet after my initial warning who told her to take the pup as someone else will! :rolleyes: She is such a lovely girl but really doesnt 'get' the problem.. I have advised best I can about diet, training, safe space for pup, getting someone in to let pup out at least. I am waiting to pick up the pieces!

i prefer to be honest about things, i would be working for a business and not a charity but that is allowed as long as you don't work for family..... which he isn't. he runs his own business, a small restoration place and i would most likely be answering the phone, greeting customers etc..... he would have no need for staff as it is a small business but i think he would allow me to go up for a few hours to help build my confidence and see if i can manage without the pressure of having to turn up regardless of if i feel poorly or not... lets hope he says yes :laugh:

gosh Safneo.... what an awful situation, been in a similar one with an ex friend of mine, not an easy situation and it did break our friendship.... ihope that everything works out o.k for the pup :flowers:

Edited by griff

ahh now, the voluntary working, if your ill or disabled has a 'buzzword' that makes it right, think its call therapy or something. you can do 15 hours a week. my friends son does it

the adult services lady is coming at 11.30 to measure up for a riser/recliner chair. shes terrified of dogs. when the 4 are here, I do put them out of the room, but when they cry or jump at the door, she jumps out of her skin. there are only 2 dogs today, they are still gobby. she doesnt stay long but gets the job done