UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Seasonal Sentiments

suzeanna

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What weather for an *Indian Summer* I thinks not!!

Not sure if people can see this link, but these Poundies are struggling for rescue places

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/index.php?showtopic=10505

They aren't RDR ones but the vet will destroy any not out tomorrow :mecry:

If anyone can think of anyone who might be able to help please :flowers:

:mecry: :mecry: those poor dogs..... i hope a rescue space can be found for all of them.... they are all so beautiful.

awwww phoebejo, enjoy your day with your girls :flowers:

been to the vets with the cat, had a right laugh with the vet, back again thursday with laney ..... best get the check ups done whilst i actually have some money :rolleyes:

I still have not gone over to see suzeanna - shame on me - so cannot verify whether she looks dangerous or not.

5ft4 is a totally cool height to be. There is nothing wrong with being 5ft4. Except in supermarkets where you can't reach the top shelf and have to ask a kindly grownup to reach things for you :huh: But I don't expect Tom Cruise goes in supermarkets much.

I'm 5ft 3 and a bit...and I agree about the supermarkets, I'm often to be found accosting tall men (and women, come to that) to ask them to get things down for me! I'm not surprised you haven't made it over Phebe, you sound a very busy person..but the invitation is open if you ever find the time. :flowers:

Thank you Suzeanna :flowers: , there is some good news in that RDR are going to take them in and look for rescue spaces. The bad news is that they need help for costs and also to help spread the word that there are some gorgeous dogs looking for rescue spaces!!

I've been to the gym - not sure how one girl can *glow* so much :laugh:

Sorry you had a bad night Alex :GroupHug:

I'm 5'1" I didn't realise there was stuff on the top shelves :wink: I either climb, or ask some nice person nearby if they can help...or go without :mad: however OH is 6'4" and he hates the bottom shelves so we usually end up with the wrong cat food (which they now love) cause he couldn't get to the back of the bottom shelf!!

Alex, I'm asking you on here in case you don't look at the gardening thread often...those oleanders you have in tubs, will they grow in tubs permanently, or is that just until you put them in the garden? If they can, where did you get those tubs from please? they look just the thing to put in front of the hawthorn hedge that my blasted neighbour hacked so much that one bit just wont grow, and gives them a clear view into our conservatory, much to my annoyance. I mean the plants and the tubs, by just the thing by the way! :biggrin: edited to add; 5ft 1 and 6ft 4? that must raise some smiles when you are out together Murtle!

Edited by suzeanna

Alex, I'm asking you on here in case you don't look at the gardening thread often...those oleanders you have in tubs, will they grow in tubs permanently, or is that just until you put them in the garden? If they can, where did you get those tubs from please? they look just the thing to put in front of the hawthorn hedge that my blasted neighbour hacked so much that one bit just wont grow, and gives them a clear view into our conservatory, much to my annoyance. I mean the plants and the tubs, by just the thing by the way! :biggrin:

Do you mean Oleasters (elaeagnus x ebbingei)? :D They are going to stay in those tubs and act as a screen against the neighbours on that side (the lawns are raised, so when they are in the garden they can see into my garden, hence why I wanted some screening there. They are very fast growing, which is why I bought them. They apparently produce sweet smelling flowers in Autumn followed by berries (hopefully). You could also use good old Laurel of course (I have one of those in a huge tub by the fence on the other side).

The tubs are Smithy Patio Tubs (50cm size) which I bought from my local garden centre. You can get them online at various places though.

Once the plants are big enough, then I will keep them pruned to size like you would with a normal hedge, and every couple of years they will get a root prune as well so the roots don't get pot bound. They grow ever quicker if you give them some slow release fertilizer pellets in spring which will feed them through the growing season.

If you are growing things in tubs, do use some water retaining gel crystals because I spent half the summer watering the bluddy things every day and then had to add some gel afterwards, which has worked a treat.

I've used ShrubsDirect for a number of plants this year and they've been good quality, cheap and quickly delivered :flowers:

Here's a link to the Elaeagnus page - I'd go for the 10 litre pot which will give you a more mature plant (the 2L ones are quite diddy) and should fill the gap in no time :flowers:

ETA: They are evergreen as well, so you'll have year round privacy.

Edited by merledogs

Michelle I am glad you are having a nice break from everything.

We are going to stay at Little Dumpledale farm next week. I am taking Trish our special little foster dog and my two dogs Sophie and Whisky also my daughter's two dogs Lucy and Summer and my son is bringing his two dogs Teddy and Honey.

My daughter also has a 12 week old puppy called Coco but she will stay at home. The seven hour journey is too much for this little baby.

So who every will be at the farm that week will not have a quiet time as when they get together they get so excited and make a lot of noise. I have warned them :cool:

Cheryl & Mike xxx