UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Morning :tired:

Mrs B - sounds like you need one of these yourself Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Suzeanna - glad you finally got to see your son/grandson flowers.gif

Marge - glad you had a nice day flowers.gif

Amy - what a lovely assortment of dogs wub.gif

The asbo family had music blaring until 1am mad.gif I've had hardly any sleep cos I had all four dogs on the bed and they decided 5 am was wakey wakey time :tired: Then I came down to discover that Mia had been in the garage all night. She's been in and had something to eat, then promptly thrown up over my rug mad.gif I hope the rest of the day is going to improve rolleyes.gif

Morning Alex, you have my sympathies.

Up until very late (for me) waiting for Mr B to come in - after midnight defnitely, and finally had to give into Daisy who was stomping up and down demanding to go out - which I suspect is because she turned her nose up at her dinner last night so is now probably filling herself up with vegetation.

RMF. I want to learn clog dancing.

:GroupHug: to all in need :flowers:

Am on my way to work on the most packed train ever for a bank holiday. Think it may have something to do with Jenson Button driving an f1 car down deansgate!!

Have had to demote Ted from being called Superted at flyball to plain old Ted. He just wasn't up for it at all, so I pulled him from racing altogether as he just wasn't right. This meant that charliegoo had to run over bigger jumps, but he was absolutely fine, no lameness or stiffness this morning :wub: Looks like Ted will be taking another visit to the vets tomorrow :rolleyes:

Lovely dogs Amy :wub:

:GroupHug: Alex and Mrs B for being kept up late.

Another non sleeper here too :rolleyes:

Might go to the Long itchington Country show today. Saw it advetised when we passed through there yesterday. Looks interesting, so long as it doesn't belt down with rain :rolleyes:

have a good one, whatever you are up to :flowers:

Marge do you ever just put your feet up and have a lazy day? rolleyes.giftongue.gif

I've been edging the lawn. This isn't such a big job in itself, but it's then picking up all the overgrown bits of grass and turf and searching through every morsel to extract all the earthworms and put them in the border. I don't like the thought of killing them and they are also very good for the soil. I luffs earthworms wub.gif

Alex you're a woman after my own heart. Insane maybe. I've gone back to cutting the grass with shears because of the frogs and if I come across worms in stuff I dig up I leave it to one side so they can sort themselves out. Result is my garden is now back to being a mess.

Today is huge house sort out. I fear I'm not going to get much of the enormous amount of stuff done. Have my sister and the inlaws all coming to stay with us next week. I think my sis and mother in law are going to get on really well. They can both talk for Britain. Will be interesting to see who wins :laugh: There is method in our madness as we think it will help my sister to be in lots of company. Both of them love Fergus and threaten to take him home so they could have a fight over that :laugh:

Scoobs currently has the huff with me. I had crumpets for breakfast and actually left 3 bits for them. Martyn gave it to them and now Scoobs thinks it's from him. :rolleyes:

Pleased you got to see your son and grandson Suzeanna.

Alex you're a woman after my own heart. Insane maybe.

Undoubtedly wacko.gifrolleyes.gif

Asbo family are putting up the bouncy castle again. Can we have rain for the rest of the day please, since it stayed dry for them all night? dry.gif I am noting it all down in the diary so I can complain again if I have to.

We escaped the rain. I blew it over to you to stop asbos

Well I haven't got much done in the way of sorting out spare rooms and cleaning as Martyn decided to strip wallpaper from hall, stairs and landing so ladders and things in the way. Guess that's me out of trouble in the evenings this week

I'm still in 2 minds about the course but have sat and done the mock exam today and I know I've done that ok. So I feel really heartened by that and am going to book the real thing for next Saturday if I can. I'm currently of the feeling that if something goes horribly wrong it's a practice and I'll know what to expect. Can just book it again for some time in the week. They do cost about £30 but I'm going to try not to dither about it. Why oh why do exams do this to you. I know I'll be a nervous wreck on the day.

mouse and ruby had a great day. they didnt win, but they are winners to me. we always get a prize,so brought home treats and toys.

I was going to have a very easy day today, but the other rescue I help had a show on today. the lady made loads of liver cake, which her dogs got when she turned her back, so I was picking up treats off someone else at 8.30 this morning after taking lewis to work,then helped on the stall till 1. im now in pain and shattered, so many pills swallowed and a kip had.

Marge do you ever just put your feet up and have a lazy day?

Only if I'm too fed up, or ill. :laugh:

Scoobs currently has the huff with me. I had crumpets for breakfast and actually left 3 bits for them. Martyn gave it to them and now Scoobs thinks it's from him.

oops :wub:

Had a nap, fed the dogs and finally worked up enough motivation to go and scrub the patio to get rid of the algae, when ti started pizzing down so had to stop. Shouldn't complain seeing as I asked for rain.

Hope it's put an end to the abo neighbours too :flowers:

mouse and ruby had a great day. they didnt win, but they are winners to me. we always get a prize,so brought home treats and toys.

Glad you had a good day.

We had a good day too, very old fashioned country show. Didn't need our seats as there were plenty of hay bales to sit on. :biggrin: Jack came third in best rescue and cherry (who didn't win) worked the crowd for belly rubs instead. :wub:

There was a display of working gundogs and it was fascinating to see how they are trained. :wub:

Love the walkies pic.

I am in a state of culture shock. My sister is here for a couple of days and drove us into Sheffield where we went to a huge cinema with 3 storeys and about 16 screens. It is the first time I have been in a cinema where they asked people to turn off their mobile phones. That is because the last time I went to a proper cinema was in 1982 and mobiles hadn't been invented. :laugh: The film was the latest Harry Potter which is very good. The fact that I found the cinema nearly as exciting as the film means I am indeed a sad case.

Wispa broke a dew claw when we were out walking this morning. She has always been stoical about injuries and although she didn't complain she has been rather subdued and it probably bothers her a lot more than she lets on. It's a clean break, bled a lot but has now stopped.

Edited by owl

Poor Wispa Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Morning :tired:

Back to work today after 5 days off :( Have done my emails already but no doubt there will be lots of carp hitting the fan as soon as I'm back (cos obviously nobody has an ounce of common sense between them so couldn't have dealt with it in my absence) rolleyes.gif

:GroupHug: for Wispa.

Seemed to spend a lot of time yesterday doing everyday chores - which was made more enjoyable by the Red Arrows being up and zooming around our skies - makes me very proud.

Just not looking forward to work today. Didn't get out of bed very early - much to Tigger and Daisy's delight. Just have no idea how to deal with the pending fall out.