UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

mornin'

before I had coffee,trudy was bunged up, so was pulling 'it all' from her and trimming her hair. scissors are in the dishwasher, not wiped down like last time, then I put them in my gob! :laugh:

taking ruby and mouse to the dog show, peace for the other 2, thats for sure

Morning all :flowers:

Had a good day yesterday ( Keith's birthday). Decided to go to the Space centre in Leicester as the weather was so bad here. It was more interesting than I first thought it would be. Plenty of interactive stuff too. We're off to the Bell at Adderbury shortly, for a belated birthday dinner. Keith fancied a roast and the pub only does them on Sundays. It's a dog friendly pub, so Jack and Cherry can come too. :wub:

jack's eye is slowly getting better, :wub:

Alex, I am sure you will enjoy growing some things you like to eat. If you want to grow rhubarb, go and buy a crown or two now and plant them. Reason being, it's not advisable to pick from them until the second growing year. I bought some a few weeks ago. I also have plenty tomato seeds to share, as there are always loads in a packet, I only have about 6 plants myself. :flowers:

Griff, I always have spare plants, so if you want some tomaoto plants next year, you are more than welcome. :flowers:

have a good day everyone.

good morning everyone :biggrin:

Marge that is very kind of you :flowers: i must be a right idiot not being able to grow a bl**dy tomato :rolleyes: glad you and keith had a nice day at the space centre... i have been past it a few times but never ventured in.... perhaps one day. Have a lovely lunch too, i love going to pubs and seeing dogs being made welcome, i think dogs make the place feel much friendlier.

had the dogs out and i was sweating like mad..... swear it was pure carling that came out :laugh:

Jacobean.... wonder what it was you saw.

My parcel never arrived which means it is deffo going to be tuesday or later which means i am going to be in a whole lot of bother.

Alex, I am sure you will enjoy growing some things you like to eat. If you want to grow rhubarb, go and buy a crown or two now and plant them. Reason being, it's not advisable to pick from them until the second growing year. I bought some a few weeks ago. I also have plenty tomato seeds to share, as there are always loads in a packet, I only have about 6 plants myself. :flowers:

Where do I buy such things from please? unsure.gif Glad Jack's eye is getting better flowers.gif

I've walked the dogs, sprayed part of the patio with Jeyes (when it was dry, it then promptly belted it down rolleyes.gif) and had a trip to the tip to get rid of the old hoover and toaster.

I am now having toasted baps with tuna and mayo and a nice cuppa, and watching BB cos I missed it last night.

Where do I buy such things from please? unsure.gif Glad Jack's eye is getting better flowers.gif

I've walked the dogs, sprayed part of the patio with Jeyes (when it was dry, it then promptly belted it down rolleyes.gif) and had a trip to the tip to get rid of the old hoover and toaster.

I am now having toasted baps with tuna and mayo and a nice cuppa, and watching BB cos I missed it last night.

I love the smell of Jeyes fluid but it is not very eco friendly.

Have you tried Mistral or Safe4pets disinfectant?

I love the smell of Jeyes fluid but it is not very eco friendly.

Have you tried Mistral or Safe4pets disinfectant?

Do they kill Algae? unsure.gif

I've tried using white vinegar, lemon juice and a mix of both and they were pretty ineffective. A dilution of half bleach/half water is good but Jeyes is the best of the lot. I get a lot of algae on the north facing side of the patio and drive.

Washing soda has been suggested on another forum, I will look into that as well. I wanted something which would kill the existing algae quickly, then as and when I see any more growing I can kill it in the early stages so it doesn't turn into the black gunk.

Meandering in. Again.

Seems to be that there is a need for lots of :GroupHug:

Had a rather challenging end to the working week - slightly complicated but, in the absence of a senior colleague I was well and truly put on the spot over several days as to "why" a piece of work, that wasn't mine, hadn't been dealt with - in the end I had to squeal - said senior person is back on Tuesday and I think they will not be happy with how I handled things - albeit that several people across several departments at "my" level, feel I had no options. So guess what - I'm REALLY not looking forward to Tuesday.

Meanwhile .......... my involvement in a "no chocolate for dogs" debate on another Forum ......... resulted in no-one at all arguing with me. :biggrin: Maybe it was the fact that I put an RSPCA linky in ........ :rolleyes:

Meanwhile ....... still hurting - and so far today have managed to fall down the hole in the lawn which the dogs keep digging for me, with my bad ankle, and bashed my bad knee (which seems to have a lump on it) on Mr B's 'stuff' in the garage.

I need to be fit, up and, if not running, at least capable of standing around in readiness for the Wiccaweys Show next Sunday - non-negotiable!

Mr B's in trouble too. Last night I made the effort to make his sandwiches as he has had to go into work today - and he's left them int he fridge. Norty Mr B.

Just had three lovely days with my son and little grandson, they made it here at last! The dogs were brilliant, Dylan especially. He's just the right height for Aidan to lean on and put his head on, and he tolerated all the cuddles without a murmur. We had a heartrending scene when it was time for them to go home though, :mecry: Aidan cried and cried, and said he didn't want to go home he wanted to stay with Nana and Grampa and Rosie and Dylan! He was still sobbing as they drove away, I felt so sorry for the little chap.

There was something in the sky yesterday afternoon I couldn't make it. Quite small, could have been a cloud but didn't really seem like it.

There's some very strange things in the skies these days :unsure:

had the dogs out and i was sweating like mad..... swear it was pure carling that came out

:laugh:

its started to pour down, an hour before the dog show starts, typical!

How did it go? :unsure:

Where do I buy such things from please?

You can get rhubarb plants from any good nursery. There were some quite big ones at the herb centre I went to today. I had bought a cheap scrap of a thing from a discount shop earlier this year, and it died. Must have been really carp to do that, as Rhubarb is quite robust normally. :rolleyes:

good luck on Tuesday MrsB :GroupHug: for your hurty bits

i'm sorry Aidan got upset suzeanna, but glad he had a good time with you. :flowers:

We had a nice meal in the Bell this afternoon, dogs enjoyed snoozing on the carpet and being fussed over by a little girl. GHad a visit to the national herb centre for a walk round their grounds. We just dodged the showers too. :biggrin: