UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Griff, I can't say I'm surprised. Some years back now, I was suffering really bad headaches, my face hurt, my shoulders and legs ached and I felt generally awful. A blood test by my GP showed some "very odd results" to quote him, and I was duly referred to a consultant at the hospital. It took three visits and three different blokes before the last one (thank god!) said with a look of some dismay you've got polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis. The first I'd heard of but not the second..I said it that bad? He said bad...yes it's very bad, you could go blind at any moment and it's irreversible and it also causes strokes. As you can imagine, I was a tad disturbed! :laugh:

He prescribed steroids, and warned me I could be on them for quite a long time. I muttered about them making you fat, he glared at me and said what would you rather be, fat or dead? which shut me up. Luckily they worked quickly and I only stayed on them for a few months and touch wood, the TA hasn't returned, although the PMR has reared its ugly head again recently. I would go back to your nice GP and tell them of your confusion, and say you aren't happy.

No news from the vet yet about Nico's eye, so she's not overly concerned, which is good news? :unsure:

After the events of last week, we now have a spare flight on our holidays, apparently no refunds on unused flights. Does anyone work in the airline industry? I'd like to know if we can use the spare seat as extra legroom and luggage allowance. In my mind if it's bought and paid for we can use it. :)

I have no idea when it comes to seats. I assumed if people fail to check it they can release the seat if anyone is waiting for that particular air route. Hopefully someone else will have the answer.

A little black staffie has gone missing near me and he happens to have disappeared around the area Im going this evening to drop some stuff off and walk the dogs. If he hasnt already been found by then fingers crossed we find him. He got stuck in bushes before by his harness. Have heard though that he isnt wearing it this time.

:GroupHug: all poorly and hospital Fugees - 'cause I need to hug myself 'cause yesterday I decided that the blackness of my foot/ankle/leg required a second opinion so hobbled off to the Walk In Medical Centre - who were lovely but said my symptoms meant that I needed an X-Ray for reassurance - although they were sure it would be OK. After a l-o-n-g wait in A&E (how is it that I always seem to be there forever, when there's no ambulances coming in and a total 'queue' of around 3 people?) Seems I have a chipped bone to add to pain, swelling, sprain and bruising. What an idiot am I. Just keep taking the tablets, (which set my asthma off yesterday, so I've had to ease up) and do all the resting stuff - so OH less than impressed I'm in work today. Unfortunately, there's so much stuff needs doing at home, that I've decided I will do less by coming to work and hobbling to and from the coffee machine a few times a day than I will do at home decided to tackle washing up, washing and the like! In hope that tonight it will all be done when I get home. Mind you, I've had too much carp thrown at me at work today for my liking.

Tigger and Daisy will start their own thread at the weekend, still without photos, but when I'm bored out of my skull 'cause I have decided that I am going to rest with my foot up this weekend.

:laugh: at the horses in Guernsey!

Lil Angel, i hope your head is feeling better now after banging it :flowers: i also hope that the little staff is found soon!

Collies R best.... kids make me laugh so much with the comments they make :laugh:

Mrs B :GroupHug: :GroupHug: Ouchy..please try and take it easy, you will heal quicker and better if you follow the drs instructions.

Suzeanna, thankyou i will see my GP, i totally trust him and he has known me since i was 3 so wouldn't do me wrong, i swear when people start work at that hospital they develop some sort of disorder that makes them complete tw*ts :angry: i just don't know who to trust or believe :mecry:

When someone dropped out of my brothers party he could change the name of the person, so the seat could still be used. Think it cost about £100. But that was a few years back.

Cars.:angry: :mecry: :angry: :mecry:

That is the 3rd thing that has gone wrong. So hopefully that will be the end of that run of bad luck. Knowing my life just recently, it will start again tomorrow. Hey ho.:rolleyes:

Edited by greys mum

The first time Rob & I went to Canada we got confused over time zones and checked out of our hotel and went to the airport a full 24 hours before we were due to fly home and ended up having to book into another hotel overnight :blush02: :laughingsmiley: I have just prevented Nick & Vicky from making the exact same mistake in Florida... they texted me to ask what time I finished work Monday so they could collect Bruno, however as far as I knew they weren't due home until Tuesday so I rang them and they checked their tickets and found they had a whole extra 24 hours of honeymoon left - thats my boy!! :laughingsmiley: :laughingsmiley: :wub:

I was right about my assignment. Groan. Tutors have given me some pointers so I can sort it out and bat it back to them now. Hope to do the mock exam this weekend and do the real thing poss next weekend. Tutors have told me the actual exams are a lot easier than their assignments. I do remember the first one was.

ok fantastic people, I would like to buy a tshirt with 'mighty mouse' on, or a mouse. I only want a cheap one as ill only be wearing it the once. Im an 18 top, so that or a mens large. any ideas please? it can be mickey or minnie mouse, just cheap xxxx

im just going bog eyed looking on ebay