UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Is Your Dream Life?

merledogs

If money were no object, I would like to buy a house in Wales with several acres of land, preferably with some woodland. I will then spend my days walking my dogs through the woodland and pottering around in my large garden, where I am going to grow Rhodos, Camelias, Magnolias, Wisteria and lots of other stuff. When it's too cold and wet to be outside, I will be inside in front of my wood burning stove snuggled up with the dogs and a good book.

I know that we'd all make a difference to rescue in some way or another, so that goes without saying, but what would you do for yourself to make you happier? flowers.gif

I've always fancied living on the Isle of Wight, so maybe i would go for that. The big house and grounds with room for many dogs of course. The main benefit would be the freedom and the time to enjoy it. I have always fancied running a B&B, but I think I have had enough of trying to please other people, so would rather please myself and my family given the opportunity. :biggrin:

Edited by houndzrus

Pretty much all of the above with exception of the plants. Not that there would be any left when you had been to B&Q anyway :biggrin: I would like a wild flower meadow and a lake instead. I would set up bird hides and sit and watch and photograph the wildlife. I would also like a sailing boat. I do miss the water and again I get another option for photographing wildlife. Oh and a better camera/lens to do it with.

To help with rescue I would like a few holding pens in my 'garden' so that I could take those dogsthat were at end of 7days until placements could be found for them. :biggrin:

Hmmmm I think i'd stay here on the north coast of Northern Ireland, buy a fabulous house with plenty of land for my dogs and horses, an indoor and outdoor school, how about a cross country course (seeing as we're only dreaming) :laugh: stables with x amount of horses, a private instuctor to help with my riding, horse lorry and a couple of staff to look after the stables.

I am pretty well living in my dream cottage now, except that I am only renting for two or three years before owners extend it into a family home and move in. So my dream would be something like this place but permanent, with some emergency holding kennels.

I'd like a house overlooking the sea and a private beach where the family could swim and lie around reading in the sun and the dogs could run to their hearts content.

Possibly not in the UK, as I'd like perpetual sunshine as well please. A small Mediterranean island would do quite well biggrin.gif

My dream life would like to be in the same country as Mark, Aisling and my Mum more often than I do now and be able to hire some professionals to help us with Dogstar ( admin , accounting , PR , fundraising bods ) and also vets and vet nurses to work in our clinics

The extra time to spend together without the consist weight of responsibly on our shoulders would be so fantastic I would not be to fussed about any thing else !

About the same as Alex, for me, only with less rhodos :laugh:

I'd like to live somewhere high up, with moors on one side of me and the sea on the other so there was always a breeze for my many animals to enjoy. I'd have an old house with thick walls, geothermal heating and a wood burning stove. It would be all painted white, with many bookshelves and cheery rugs and a big kitchen. And a little porch on the front so I could sit out there at night and look at the stars with my dogs and cats around me. And I would cook and read and wear a lot of turquoise.

House with some land. Training barn and field. Sodding about with animals all day. No neighbours who feel they have some divine right to tell me how to live my life. Some free time that coincides with OH's free time would be nice.

Actually my life could stay the same if I could just move somewhere with a bit of land and no fecking neighbours.

I moved to my dream life 5 years ago.

A cottage with an acre of garden ( with rhoddos :laugh:) , including a small wood. Neighbours are 500 yards away.

Fields, river, hills all around.

House is on a single track road, beach 4 miles away, 7 miles to the nearest village shop, 17 miles to the 'town' and 100 miles to the Inverness.

Only drawback is the midgies. :(

I moved to my dream life 5 years ago.

A cottage with an acre of garden ( with rhoddos :laugh:) , including a small wood. Neighbours are 500 yards away.

Fields, river, hills all around.

House is on a single track road, beach 4 miles away, 7 miles to the nearest village shop, 17 miles to the 'town' and 100 miles to the Inverness.

Only drawback is the midgies. :(

Oooh, sounds magical :wub:

What time would you like us all to come round for a visit :laugh:

I'd stay in Somerset,I love it so much.Definitely would have lots of land,with a secure fenced area where local dog owners/rescues with scared/no recall dogs could come play in safety.I'd have a weekend beach property either North Cornwall;North Devon or West Dorset (or all 3 :laugh: ) and I would buy spaces in kennels around the country so poundies would have somewhere to go to be safe until foster homes could be found.I wouldn't run kennels myself,just couldn't do it.My house needn't be huge,an open fire is a must, and a dog room for the oldies I'd have with 24/7 access to their own secure garden.And I'd employ cleaner,and gardener because I hate doing both :D