UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

St Giles Fun Dog Show

zico's mum

Wow a great show,very good turnout which is brilliant as the new owners of the kennels - and the rescue - have worked so very very hard to overturn the awful conditions of before.I didn't put the gazebo up as it was very windy.I took a very respectable £127.50 and actually sold quite a few items - collars,lead,coats that haven't shifted at other shows.Lots of interest in the rescue then when I was unloading the car at home some visitors in my neighbours garden saw my T shirt and asked about OC so they got a card :laugh: Duncan and Trixe were little stars :wub: and as I'd run out of tennis ball bob,and only had 2 tombola prizes and about 6 teddies left I packed up early and they had fun on the have a go agility.Great day out and once again lovely to meet up with some acquaintances from other rescues,and meet some new ones as well.

The inevitabll stall photo - again taken straight after setting up so looks empty but it wasn't later.

AisholtCommon14-05-11017.jpg

Well done Lynne. You did rather better than me at MK Cats Protection Leagues's event yesterday where we could have done with a few more customers. I did meet Phoebejo & her girls though - plus 2 chickens!

I have £65 to add to funds but a fair bit of this was from sales at work.

My wine tombola did okay as none of the stalls had anything like that.

Like the idea of a wine tombola whizzie.I had some paperbacks I was going to take to a charity shop but thought I'd take them along to the show to see how they went as I had a bit of space.I only charged 50p and sold quite a few - about 12 I think so I've just posted on Freecycle for some more :laugh: I had a small crate that we get bread delivered in at work,make great trays for the stall and hold about 20 books.I'm always scrounging various containers from work as I dump them when show is over rather than bringing them back to store.

I had a small crate that we get bread delivered in at work,make great trays for the stall and hold about 20 books.I'm always scrounging various containers from work as I dump them when show is over rather than bringing them back to store.

You are doing a great job for Oldies Club in the South West. Those green crates the supermarkets use are fab if you can scrounge some - they stack for transport & actually look okay on a stall with the contents packed neatly in which means it is quick to set up/pack up. Ideal for books as very strong too