UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

I fear for the garden centres now Alex has all this free time on her hands! :laugh: They will run out of stock.

I am/have been trying to help with rehoming a dog for someone who is friend of a friend.. (Why do I always get volunteered regardless of what else I have got going on!) Its proving difficult as the man is of ill-health and struggling but wants to rehome her from home. I know he is trying to be patient, texting/emailing me every couple days is doing my head in. I did say that I could only assess her and 'try' and find a rescue to help. :( I think he has interpreted that as I will help rehome her. I have one rescue that has listed her and had possible interests but no contact been made about the dog yet so fingers crossed. I think I am going to have to have a word with my friend and ask her to stop volunteering me for stuff I dont have the time and energy for. :( Shame as she is a cracking dog and would have loved her myself, just not now. I love cuddly shepherds. :wub:

Thanks for forwarding that found dog to Doglost, Jazz. There are a number of volunteers who spend a lot of time crossmatching our lost and found ones with those on other sites and on pound lists. We don't even know who some of these good people are, until they suddenly get a possible match and start posting about it.

Glad Wispa has enjoyed her work even if no one else has :laugh: I hope the dog is soon back home where it belongs. :flowers:

Have a massive migraine last night, got up 2.30am... no painkillers! Resorted to Cold N Flu tablets in desparation. Aided by one of the freezer packs from the coolbox I managed to get a couple hours sleep before work. Went via shop for tablets. No idea what work I managed this morning or what state its in as didnt come too until about 11am. :rolleyes:

I think all Fugees would enjoy their work just as much if they had her terms and conditions. She was chauffeured to her workplace where everyone made a fuss of her and said how beautiful she is, then did a 2 hr shift at her own pace with everyone paying attention to what she told them, finished up by snogging and grappling with the gorgeous hunk of her choice, then was driven back home where someone else prepared her supper before tucking her up in a blanket on the sofa to rest before evening walk with her pals.

The dog is question has been running loose for 3 weeks. He is a sensible fellow, a good hunter and has road sense. My worry is that he may be starting to enjoy himself a bit too much.

Hope the migraine has cleared, they are horrid.

Morning :tired:

Sorry about the chick Owl flowers.gif

Andrea I hope your migraine has gone Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I fear for the garden centres now Alex has all this free time on her hands! :laugh: They will run out of stock.

I may have to start on decorating again laugh.gif

Snow, is the other person on the same level as you? And maybe its time to take your boss to one side again? Are you due a review anytime soon?

Its not something you would expect to have to deal with when working in the employment of a vicar. :ohmy: I hope you can get it resolved. :flowers:

Unfortunately its not that simple - the person concerned isnt an employee at all, he's a volunteer and close friend of the boss - its awfully complicated tbh its just one of those situations where someone is presenting themselves as being "helpful" but has an agenda .... thing is the boss knows about the agenda, empathises and says he supports me, has reaffirmed I'm going nowhere, highly valued etc etc BUT at the same time his job and vocation is to support those in need which this guy is, so he wants to give the guy an interest and something to do. The clash is because what the guy is interested in are aspects of MY JOB so he meddles and suggests and offers all in the name of "helping" and every time he does its behind my back I hear about it via the grapevine or when emails show up, moreover the previous time it happened his "help" tripled my workload and caused my frustration levels to go thru the roof culminating in me actually losing my temper with the boss. The boss has asked me to be tolerant and explained about the support this person needs and ok fine thats all well and good but its MY stress levels that are now climbing. :wacko:

Rather pleased with myself today - I drove in the dark last night first time driving any distance in full dark for over a year :biggrin: I gave up driving in the dark when I had my cataract as I kinda lost my nerve a bit since every time an oncoming vehicle didn't dip its lights I got dazzled due to the light scatter effect of the cataract. Last night I went over to a friends for a meal hubby wasnt available to chauffer me so it was drive myself or not go. It was a bit of a baptism of fire in that she lives in the middle of ruddy nowhere reached by a succession of single track lanes with no lighting, no road markings and blind bends between tall hedges and trees which is bad enough in daylight but at night .... anywhoo I did it :biggrin: my night vision is much better now which is brilliant.

Snow, can you play the "I need support" card? and turn the tables a little bit.

Why are people so draining and insist on making things difficult for others.

I'm all for an easy life so will be emigrating to an uninhabited island at the easliest possible moment.

:flowers:

I'm trying to decide on a business name. This is harder than I thought it would be. I don't want to limit myself to dogs as with TTouch I would be working with all kinds of companion animals, plus there is a chance I'll do things with my sister's business involving horses. So far the name I really like is a registered trademark in the US, which although it doesn't cover the UK, I don't really want to go near it and there would be conflict with their domain name also I expect. So many names are already in use for similar businesses in the same-ish area, plus with website domain names already taken.

At the moment Teaching Tails is winning. However I've gone through so many permutations I don't know if I like it or not.

Other possibilities:

Tails to teach

Tails you teach

Tails you wag (a bit too dog-ish maybe)

How can it be this hard? I would just use my name but it's double barrelled with lots of spelling possibilities so anyone searching for it may have difficulty.

Sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place Snow :GroupHug:

RMF

Yesterday I opened a large tin of Butchers Tripe to find the meat floating in "water". I quickly sent of an email asking them if it was okay to use. Got a very prompt and nice reply asking for batch number etc from the tin and my full address.

This morning I got a letter giving a full understandable/logical explanation and a £3 Voucher.

Very nice people to deal with. :biggrin:

Edited by Mommy Bear

I bought this years house insurance through Easyfundraising - I've saved money and Dogstar has received £15 :biggrin:

Rosie has split a claw and is making a complete drama out of it. She was so gloomy that I had to take her to the vet, they have suggested that she is a little over sensitive :laugh:

Other possibilities:

Tails to teach

Tails you teach

Tails you wag (a bit too dog-ish maybe)

Tails you teach, sounds a bit too close to "tails you lose" :flowers: - I'm useless at coming up with better names though, sorry.

Yesterday I opened a large tin of Butchers Tripe to find the meat floating in "water". I quickly sent of an email asking them if it was okay to use. Got a very prompt and nice reply asking for batch number etc from the tin and my full address.

This morning I got a letter giving a full understandable/logical explanation and a £3 Voucher.

Very nice people to deal with. :biggrin:

That's good customer service isn't it?

snow,cant you ask the vicar to give the man something differnt to do, that doesnt involve you?

the thing about a name, is it needs to tell the person straight away what you do, preferably. the thing is with those names, it doesnt tell me. Dont want to upset, just be constructive :flowers:

well 'the mouse' is 9 weeks old. shes nearly housetrained, mostly sits for a treat and is learning to stay out of the kitchen when im cooking :biggrin:

sorry still really busy trying to sort things out so that I can finally get on with things but taking it out of me agin

not been able to ctach up with much but have seen some of the sad new posted recently. Big :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all that need them

said I had noos, have started a thread up somewhere else :wink:

Well done Alex :flowers:

Hi Julia gem :biggrin: How's Adams ouchie bit now? Was he doing his fabby free running doodah at the time? I hope he's on the mend :wub:

Alicia, my thoughts are with you and your Mum :GroupHug:

The babyblanket croheting is getting there....slowly. Thankfully baby is still safely in Mummy! :laugh: