UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

morning all

went to a friends I hadnt seen for months.she cooked fish and chips from scratch. corrr it was gorgeous! ate more than I normally would, but of course, it was all fryed, so was in the loo till after midnight lol it was worth it lol

im sorry about rhum xxx

Lovely sunny day with a light breeze here, got blankets on the line, going off soon to explore a new wood with Wispa. We need rain though, ground is cracking up and cereal crops are struggling.

The Owl family has an ally :biggrin: I spoke yesterday with a sensible Community Care Officer who went to see mum to assess if her care needs had changed. Mum told her a load of old cobblers just to get rid of her, and fortunately this lady was smart enough to see through it all. She had left her card with mum and I thought I had better call her to find out what was going on. She was relieved I had made contact and we are working out a suitable care plan to include a brief evening visit to do her night time eye drops because I don't believe mum is putting them in even though she says she is. Also more time in the morning to see she gets washed. Mum claims she doesn't need help, but the flannel is always bone dry!

I'm really pleased to see that there is some help at last for mummy Owl flowers.gif

Had a gorjuss walk with the dogs, although Taffy had a bit of 'handbags' with a rottie bitch over a stick rolleyes.gif

Came home, sprayed some weedkiller, gave lots of plants some plant food, watered the front lawn so the grass seeds will grow, pruned some stuff, re-potted a couple of horse chestnut trees into tubs, hung some washing out, swept the drive, dug some earth over where I am going to plant a wisteria by the garage, cut some wire fencing and put some stakes in the ground, because I am going to tie some plastic up the sides of the wire to stop the dogs weeing on the wisteria when I put it in. Have to buy it first, saw some in B&Q yesterday so may nip down tomorrow.

I have worn out mad pointery fing with a 2 1/2 hr run in an enormous squigg-infested Woodland Trust reserve. I know she is worn out because I just made a cheese & tomato sandwich and she didn't even twitch her nose.

I wouldn't dare take Dylan into anywhere with lots of squiggs...he'd end up ripped to bits in the undergrowth trying to climb trees to get at em! :laugh: He's completely disinterested if you say rabbits..but try even saying a word starting with sq...and he's up on his toes, ready for the off!

Just had some really sad news, Millie my bosses border terrier who has spent the past 4 years sitting at my feet every day when I am at work went to the rainbow bridge this morning :mecry: I had noticed week before last that she seemed not herself, she always greets me as I arrive and mugs me for her treats which I always take with me every morning, she was still greeting me happily but she wasn't as desperate to get her treat as she usually was, I'd also heard her cough a few times and felt that the sound of her breathing was a bit laboured which I mentioned to the family a few times, but she seemed fine around them and still was mad keen to go walkies etc - the family went on holiday last Sunday and Millie went to stay with her breeder - on the Monday morning she collapsed and was rushed to the vet and put on a drip where she remained until Wednesday. Originally it was thought she'd eaten or more likely drunk something nasty from the stream at the bottom of the garden and she did perk up enough to go back to her breeder on Wednesday - I even arranged for flowers to be sent from "Millie" to the lady looking after her to say "thank you". Sadly she took a turn for the worse today the boss came back early from holiday to go and collect her only to have to take her straight to the vet where she was diagnosed with a tumor in her lung - there was nothing that could be done and so the decision was made to let her go. She is buried in her favourite place beside the stream at the bottom of the garden.

Millie had such a fabulous temperament, she regularly took part in school assemblies and church services and she will be very sadly missed by the family and all who knew her - sweet dreams MilMil :wub::mecry: