UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Do You Believe In?

JulesB

I've just done the Census form and a long conversation with OH has made me think about beliefs, religious or otherwise.

I had to think hard to sum up what I believe in, the nearest I could get was Pagan - I don't do formal worshipping etc but I do believe in living lightly on the Earth, having respect for nature and the cycle of life and eath, and observing key points in the calendar such as spring equinox, summer solstice and the like.

I have friends who are committed Christians, very involved with the local church and I've always slightly envied them the certainty that they have in their religion, it must be very comforting to have that essential faith. I also have a friend who is a Buddhist and he's very certain in his beliefs too.

Just wondered what others' thoughts were - don't reply if you don't want to share/discuss your beliefs of course, I'm not looking to start a ruck :laugh: :flowers:

Not sure really. I ticked christian (was christened C. of E. etc) but briefly thought about this was really so myself.

There are some strong qualities in "true christians" I'd admire & I'd like to think I'm a decent sort of bloke (whatever else some may say :laugh: ) but I'm not a church goer & don't necessarily / whole heartedly believe in everything that a "true christian" would. I guess I'm "open minded" / nearer an agnostic really

I skipped the question (it is optional) as I don't see it's anyone's business but mine!

I put 'No Religion' for Mark who had asked me to fill in the details for him : he was then disappointed as he swears he told me to fill it in to say 'Sith'. laugh.gif