UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mundane Meanderings

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Jazz :flowers:

Another lovely day here. Sitting in front of the PC in my pyjamas and it's so lovely I've got the window open :ohmy:

Terrible pictures from Japan this morning :mecry:

I've just watched some video showing drivers - including an oil tanker - trying to drive over a bridge that has boats, houses, cars etc all smashing into the bridge supports as they get pushed along at great speed by the flood waters. Crazy.

morning all :wavey:

My nerves are kicking in big time laugh.gif tomorrow I fly to the other side of the world for 3 weeks work which may lead on to a longer contract if they like what they see

I leave the UK on Saturday evening , arrive in Melbourne Monday morning and start work Tuesday morning !

note to squirrrely self * don't feck this up*

thinking of them all xxxx

waiting on the dog food man. my friend is moving so unless I find someone to share it with, I dont order enough to have him again. not too much of a bind, the dogs will have something else for brekie. so might have a chest freezer in a couple of months if someone wants it

feeling for all those worried about their relatives/ friends overseas :GroupHug:

Sam good luck with the Job, i am sure they will be very pleased with you :biggrin:

had to go to the drs to fetch my prescription so made an appointment whilst i was there...2 weeks :ohmy: i will have run out of ear drops by then :laugh: then had to go to the vets again :rolleyes: but i am having some me time tonight..... i am getting another tattoo :biggrin: this is my eigth and probably last...... my mum is disgusted with me :laugh:

Edited by griff

Griff - hope you get your flippin lugs sorted soon, it does seem to be dragging on and you must be thoroughly fed up by now :GroupHug:

RMF 1: I was going to take the dogs to the beach this weekend, but it appears that the weather is not going to be very nice, so I will do it another time.

RMF 2: I have booked the three days off between Easter and the Royal Wedding so I will have 12 days off work altogether (I get the Tuesday as well because I am at college on 30th) :biggrin:

Sam have a fabulous time in Oz :flowers:

I yam on the verge of murdering half of Ians family :angry: Alan was rushed to hospital on Saturday morning after collapsing at home and released against our wishes yesterday. He can barely put one foot infront of the other, his speech is slurred and garbled, he can't stay awake for more than two minutes, he looks and sounds like he's had a stroke but the doctors seem to think he's an alcoholic! He's not, there's obviously something seriously wrong with him. I am not responsible for him, I am not looking after him, Ian has to go to work so can't look after him either, Ians mother has been back from her jollies in India since Wednesday and we were hoping she'd take Alan back to Burnham-on-sea to stay in her bungalow but instead she's palmed him off on her 90 year old mother! She's on her way to Burnham now and says she'll come back and take them both there next week. When Ian collected Alan from the hospital last night, Alan said he wanted to go to his mother-in-laws to see Ians nan & mum and when they saw the state he was in (nobody other than Ian has visited Alan in hospital so his appearance was a shock to them) they decided he should stay there. Alan says he's coming back here tomorrow. We were due to go out for the day on Sunday for Mollys birthday but I doubt we'll be able to now because Ian will not want to leave his dad on his own. His brothers don't care, they refuse to look after him, and the chances are of we go out on Sunday we'll come back to find Alan collapsed on the floor unable to get himself up again or he'll have dropped dead.

I am so sick and tired of nobody else taking responsibility for Alan and leaving everything up to Ian to sort out. Ian should've refused to bring him home from hospital yesterday, the nurses didn't want him to go but the doctors did.

Grumble over.

Gosh he sounds dreadful! Could it be something relatively simple like a urine infection? I do know that if older person gets one it can cause all sorts of strange things to happen.

My son has let us know he has arrived at his flat in Tokyo. He said the only damage was that one of his bonsai tree plants had fallen over! He mentioned a collapsed supermarket, and said he wasn't too far from it.

My friend's husband is due to go to Japan for work for a week next Monday, and she naturally doesn't want him to go. I am pretty sure it will be north of Tokyo, which means he will be closer to the devastation.

My daughter was in Christchurch around this time last year, they stayed in a hostel just opposite the cathedral that collapsed. They stayed there for around 3 nights, and she said she would have liked to have taken their new baby back to show him (as she was in the early stages when they were there), but not now. Better to remember it as it was before. :(

im sorry about alan. ian really should have left him in the hospital if he was like that. this is when you know who really cares in the family. :flowers:

my home phones not working. it was, it isnt now.

I can dial out, but no noise. ive just rung the mobile, so know it rings the other end. I can ring the home phone and it will ring.

always something ....

Best of luck with your trip to Australia Sam :flowers: Make sure you find an internet cafe to let us know how you are getting on!

The news from Japan is really upsetting, the footage of the water moving in and flattening everything seems worse than the earthquake itself.

Phoebejo, the situation with Alan sounds awful. I'm sure he should have been assessed before being discharged. I wouldn't want to care for him in your shoes either.

phoebejo...does Alan have a social worker??? if not i would call them yourself or get his doctor to do it :GroupHug: sounds dreadful.... he shouldn't have been released from hospital :angry:

Merledogs... i am very annoyed about my ears... nearly a year now this has been going on :rolleyes: i am sorry the weather is going to be cack so you are missing the beach.

Mad as a catter,i am glad the only casualty for your son was a bonsai tree :flowers:

jazz, you can report faults online now with BT...much easier than trying to talk to someone :laugh:

i have my new tattoo :biggrin: i am well pleased and Martin (my tattooist)was thrilled with the way my cover up turned out :biggrin:

Edited by griff