February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last its hit the press about the 'traveller' pony problem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12587087

And the Echo are running something tomorrow!

We know of 6 dead so far, one's been in the field so long the poor thing is rotting :-(

Some have vanished, the lame and sick, funny that!

They are being linked to the Llanelli ponies now Lesley... as expected, and also its believed the 'owner' has approx 1500 scattered all over..... and thats before foaling season kicks in :-(

Morning. :unsure:

I am currently in a muddled dilemma. My head is full of funerals and inquests and finishing for a holiday (going nowhere) on Thursday night, so loads to do at work, and catering for an event at the weekend ............... and my foot's gone "funny".

Probably out of everyone's memory, but I have historically had both my feet operated on - broken, reconstructed and away I go - the second one was probably four/five years ago .......... and I have pains it just like the ones after my operation.

I don't know whether to (a) ignore it and hope it will give up (b) get a doctor's appointment which I guess could be any time this year © go to A&E (d) go to the Walk In Drs Centre (e) ........... haven't thought of that one yet.

I hoped that when it had had a night's rest it would have settled, but I've had to dig out a pair of walking boots to put go with my suit! I would actually really rather not go to work ...... but at least I'm currently driving an automatic so my foot will get that much rest.

Haven't told Mr B either - think he has quite enough on my plate at the moment - also shows how good I am at not letting him notice - unless he's so bad at observing!

As I already need extra time off work this week for funeral stuff, I really don't particularly want to have to take time off for Doctors too.

Please can someone pass me the "clear brain of fug" pills.

Mrs B, get that foot seen! If you go on tramping about on it, it is likely to get worse and then you won't be able to do much at all.

Louise, what a horrendous problem, 1500 of the poor things. I hope it will be addressed now that it has hit the news.

Please send some Fugee good-luck thoughts to Lizzie and Maya who are currently searching woodland for a hearing assistance dog, collie girl Soot who was stolen with a Discovery. Soot has got away and appears to be making her way home, last seen in gardens at Kings Winford north of Kidderminster.

I couldn't understand why the living room and kitchen reek of garlic...then I kept finding bits :rolleyes: and realised that Dylan had raided the vegetable rack! (well, it's a built in wine rack really, but handy for veg). Thank god he didn't eat the chilies, or the ginger root, although the latter has got a few nibbled edges! Garlic is good for them...isn't it???

I couldn't understand why the living room and kitchen reek of garlic...then I kept finding bits :rolleyes: and realised that Dylan had raided the vegetable rack! (well, it's a built in wine rack really, but handy for veg). Thank god he didn't eat the chilies, or the ginger root, although the latter has got a few nibbled edges! Garlic is good for them...isn't it???

Depends how much they have eaten - Garlic is poisonous to dogs if they have eaten enough, as are onions if they have eaten any of those :flowers:

RMF : I have received my new (and hopefully temporary) boss's comments on my appraisal. What a patronising git :mad: I have emailed him my comments on his comments - I am not going to sign my name to it as it stands and if he refuses to change it then I will make sure my comments on the form reflect what I think of his comments. It may be that he has not realised how patronising he sounds, but given that he has only been my boss for five minutes and didn't speak to my director before the appraisal, I think he needs to be more aware of what I do.

Mrs B get your foot checked!!

Merledogs so sorry your boss is a nob :angry:

left laney with stuffed kongs.... treat balls, flying saucer toys and bones and he still barked :mecry: :mecry: i have spoken to my neighbour again and she said it has only been going on a few months, i just don't know what has triggered his behaviour. my neighbour did say she got worried as she is asian and they believe that a howling dog is sensing death and her mum was sick when it started :unsure: i hope that isn't true as i will be worrying about my family and the pets

Thank you Lesley :-)

I have just been catching up on fb, i believe the worse animals were moved sometime last week so now its the better looking ones left, I have actually seen them this weekend, the worse worry now is they arent safe, they have free access to open roads/lanes etc

Mrs B get your foot checked!!

Merledogs so sorry your boss is a nob :angry:

left laney with stuffed kongs.... treat balls, flying saucer toys and bones and he still barked :mecry: :mecry: i have spoken to my neighbour again and she said it has only been going on a few months, i just don't know what has triggered his behaviour. my neighbour did say she got worried as she is asian and they believe that a howling dog is sensing death and her mum was sick when it started :unsure: i hope that isn't true as i will be worrying about my family and the pets

Griff, I really wouldn't worry about that belief! There is a belief in the countryside, certainly round here, that magpies in your garden show there is going to be a death in the family...I've lived here eight years in July, and I've lost track of the flaming magpies in our garden, I'm forever banging on the window to shoo them away and so far, we are all live and kicking :biggrin: