UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Got home late yesterday eve, as we had 3 longish breaks en route from Wales, including a supper break for all of us. My girls don't get carsick so luckily I can feed them en route which does keep them in a happier mood. Polly is pleased to be back in her own house where she knows her way around, but Wispa is either exhausted or sulking or both. She was so pleased to see her playmates Stevie and Jasper again, I think it has made her think how much she misses them. She does seem very low, but is eating OK. I will keep an eye on her. Didn't help that a stone cottage soon feels cold and clammy when unoccupied, so it took a while even with central heating and a fire to get it feeling warm last night.

All the belongings still in Wales were sorted out, and they are even now being collected and will soon be on their way here in a transit van driven by friend Eddie. I will be pleased to see Doris our faithful dehumidifier again, could have done with her last night.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the ponies...would the local paper, radio station or local tv be interested in them? If you can make their plight more public, the owner might be pressured into doing something?

Owl, glad you made it home safely! has your boiler not got a timing system, so you can leave your heating on low whilst you are away?

evening :flowers: Welcome back Owl, I hope your house warms up soon.

:flowers: :GroupHug: for all in need.

I had to make my excuses and leave someone's house this afternoon as I felt very faint, but didn't want to let them know it. I sat in the car for a while, but the feeling didn't go for at least an hour :unsure:

I'm having a week of waste not want not kind of week :D . I used some leftover red wine to flavour a casserole on Monday and have used the few left over mushrooms to add to the bit of casserole I have left tonight. I've added a puff pastry lid to make it a "pie". Roast potatoes are cooking alongside and it smells delicious. Extra gravy is ready and waiting, so I must go, be rude not to eat it nice and hot wouldn't it? :laugh:

I had a call at 2.30, 3 ponies on the park, again :-(

Just had a text from a mate, 1 now sadly dead traveller pony, not sure of details yet, but apparently all the others have vanished.... and its the last thursday of the month tomorrow, Llanybydder... apparently thats where they are headed, but how with no passports hmmmm

Regarding the ponies...would the local paper, radio station or local tv be interested in them? If you can make their plight more public, the owner might be pressured into doing something?

Owl, glad you made it home safely! has your boiler not got a timing system, so you can leave your heating on low whilst you are away?

Yes, it has, but it is temperamental and unpredictable and always switches itself off for no reason at some point. 2 engineers have looked at it and don't understand why.

The house has warmed up, Eddie arrived with a Transit and all the rest of my belongings, had supper here much to the delight of Wispa who adores him, and is on his way back to Wales.

The giant snails are happier at mum's where it is consistently warm so they will stay there until spring.

Morning :tired: Have been feeling really down this past week, first time for ages :(

Marge - get yourself to a doctor please flowers.gif

:GroupHug: Alex. Does it happen at the same itme each month, could it be your peri-hormones kicking off?

Marge, seconded :flowers:

Wibbling this morning. Going to hospital with OH for his biopsy test results and feeling a bit scared.

:GroupHug: Alex. Does it happen at the same itme each month, could it be your peri-hormones kicking off?

Marge, seconded :flowers:

Wibbling this morning. Going to hospital with OH for his biopsy test results and feeling a bit scared.

Good luck with the biopsy results, hope very much that it's good news :flowers:

It is around the same time of the month usually, and very much hormone related, but I haven't been too bad recently which is why I feel like I've had a bit of a relapse. Am seeing my luffly lady doc on Tuesday, so will speak to her about it then :flowers: Hopefully it will just be a blip from an extra surge of hormones.

RMF : I have decided to get rid of the piles of correspondence which I keep but which never gets filed (well it does, it gets filed in a big box never to be seen again) :rolleyes: so am going to scan the stuff I want to keep copies of and then shred them and the stuff I don't want. I am only going to keep hard copies of the important stuff like pay slips. I have made a start today and have got rid of a load of stuff which is now neatly stored in folders and the hard copies are shredded. I feel lighter already :laugh:

Edited by merledogs

:GroupHug: Jules, Good luck :flowers:

:( Lou

:GroupHug: Alex. I have no motivation to sort out paperwork. My dad asked me if I had a letter from somewhere when he was here yesterday and I had to open post from January to find it :rolleyes:

I have been to college for a literacy assessment this morning. I need to decide what I want to be when I grow up to earn some pennies :unsure: .

Ted is at the cat groomers having his bum groomed this morning :wacko: .

Very sad about the ponies :mecry:

Thinking of JulesB and husband.

Yes Jazz, some people do not do well on a lot of tomatoes. They are quite acid.

I feel as if I am coming down with flu. That will teach me to go travelling in foreign countries which are full of different bugs :rolleyes: Hope I haven't passed Welsh flu on to mum :unsure: I can stay away from her for a bit anyway as sister will be there this weekend.

Hello everyone :wavey:

It's been quite a while since I last came on here so just wanted to say hi and catch up on what has been going on.

I have had a lot of changes with work and have been quite busy with that. I also started seeing somebody around christmas time and things are going well- he is absolutely lovely and gorgeous! He is also really great with the animals so I feel like I have won the lottery. I know it all sounds a bit sickening, but I am really happy at the moment. Oh, and he is a footballer by profession, so I guess that makes me the worlds most unlikely WAG!!! :rolleyes:

Dennis (the cat) is still with us and hasn't really shown any signs of being ill- apart from his ears looking a bit sore. The vet originally gave him between 2-6 months and he has been with us since September, so he is already exceeding expectations. He's a lovely cat and him and Bobby are getting on much better now- Molly is still a bit of a madam towards him though, but she is to everyone so we don't worry about it too much.

Tess is still struggling with her leg despite being on the Metacam. We have an appointment at the vets tomorrow to discuss having it operated on and it is heartbreaking to see her hobbling around. Despite not being as mobile as usual, she is still a lovely happy dog- although she doesn't like having to share my attention!