UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Been to Ipswich today to pick up foster dog, who is currently curled up next to OH on the sofa

168720_10150379833255453_888825452_17013236_1054313_n.jpg

Foster dog already looks very settled!

I have been to work and got 8 hours pay for doing nothing and will be doing the same for the rest of the week :smug:

Sounds like you've found a good job there! I assume they will want you to do proper work next week?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you looked on GRWE? Not sure about age but they do have cat/chicken/small furry friendly dogs on their website at the moment :flowers:

Thank you! Just spotted a 10 year old that they have. Not sure where he is or about small furry status though.

JulesB and Karen - don't know if it's a bit far for you, but Di (Helly) has the RGT Merseyside using her kennels, and she can cat test so might be worth PMing her :flowers:

So many bootiful old dogs needing homes - if I didn't have four oldies myself I'd be seriously tempted by Bob :wub:

Merseyside is a very long way away from me sadly. I think half my problem has been indecision caused by too many dogs to choose from. If one had just turned up on the doorstep we would have worked to fit it in!

Thank you! Just spotted a 10 year old that they have. Not sure where he is or about small furry status though.

Merseyside is a very long way away from me sadly. I think half my problem has been indecision caused by too many dogs to choose from. If one had just turned up on the doorstep we would have worked to fit it in!

There is Megan on the Black Beauties website who is cat friendly

http://www.blackbeau...tails.php?a=939

Great, I'll look, thanks.

Cycas, I've realised that I lost you off my quotes! Bob is lovely but considering we are both in the south, you are quite a few hours away from us. If I could send Rosie over on the train to decide for herself, I would! I've re-read Bob's blurb (in fact I've re-read all the Oldie's Club dogs blurbs again) and although I work at home a lot of the time, my office is upstairs. It sounds like he'd be unhappy with that.

Have you looked on GRWE? Not sure about age but they do have cat/chicken/small furry friendly dogs on their website at the moment :flowers:

Thanks for that, I'm on the GRWE site night and day, they have some lovely dogs. The cat 'possibles' are all a bit young though - my own dog, Whuppety Jake, is not mad keen on walking or dashing about so I'm hoping to find a girl with a similar couch potato attitude. A young dog would be bored to bits here as Jake won't play, and then I'd end up doing separate walks or getting a third dog to keep everyone happy :laugh:

JulesB and Karen - don't know if it's a bit far for you, but Di (Helly) has the RGT Merseyside using her kennels, and she can cat test so might be worth PMing her :flowers:

So many bootiful old dogs needing homes - if I didn't have four oldies myself I'd be seriously tempted by Bob :wub:

There are three RGT branches here too Alex, but I'm kind of holding on for a lurcher. I know what will happen, I'll get a greyhound girlie then my lurcher girl will immediately appear and I'll end up with three :rolleyes: Bob is so beautiful, if only he was a girlie :wub:

Thanks Annie, I hadn't seen her :flowers:

Thanks for that, I'm on the GRWE site night and day, they have some lovely dogs. The cat 'possibles' are all a bit young though - my own dog, Whuppety Jake, is not mad keen on walking or dashing about so I'm hoping to find a girl with a similar couch potato attitude. A young dog would be bored to bits here as Jake won't play, and then I'd end up doing separate walks or getting a third dog to keep everyone happy :laugh:

Arfur (whippet/terrier x) sounds like he would be ideal, he doesn't like walks either, if only he were a girl :rolleyes:

Megan is :wub: :wub:

Edited by mooandboo

Wanders back in.

Work c..p. In an effort to take my mind off things by doing houseworky stuff, managed to fall the step ladder. Now on the arnica! Don't suppose it's a cure for work rubbish though.

Well done Merleydogs. Clever lady. If we tell you often enough will you believe us?

Probably not Mrs B laugh.gif but thank you :liebe94:

Morning :tired:

My new 'acting' boss is in Manchester today interviewing for an administrator for our team. I have dropped some very heavy hints about who I want for the job, but ultimately it's up to him obviously. I hope he can see in her what I see in her.

I'm getting a bit rattled! After my invisible dog the other morning, this morning I was sitting reading the paper at the dining table..Rosie was lying by the back door, Dylan was in the living room. I heard the squeak squeak of one of the many squeaky toys, and was just opening my mouth to say "whatcha got, Dyl?" when he came running in, ears up and eyes bright and wide, looking around with the expression everyone with a dog who loves squeakies will know...searching for the source of the squeak! :wacko: :ohmy: Now..I didn't squeak anything (I checked under the table in case I'd trodden on something..nothing there), Rosie certainly didn't, she doesn't even like squeakies and apparently Dyl didn't. THe radio was on, but was playing a song at the time and I've never heard Ken Bruce squeak! I'm beginning to wonder if one of my dogs has come to meet me, or my OH. I shall be very careful crossing the road....

My bargainous dress for the wedding has arrived ......

It's lovely and very "me"

Look smart enough for a wedding - tick

Look like a "mother of the" type outfit - tick (well in my opionion it does others have yet to pass judgement :laugh: )

Hide my cankles - YES!!!!! yippeeeee :biggrin:

Not make me look too fat .... wellll fact is I am fat dress doesn't do anything to make me look not fat but it doesnt add any extra fat or inches so thats fine.

Disguise all the lumpy bumpy bits - indeed it does! Besides theres rather a lot of chest on display so my guess is that even if all the lumpy bumpy bits were on show no one would actually be looking at them :ohmy: :laugh: (I think I might pin it together a bit for the actual wedding part and unpin it for the evening)

Its nice and flowing so even if it's a heatwave in August (yeah riiiight) then I should stay cool.

Best of all THE hat looks as though I bought it especially to go with this dress how amazing is that???

I even already have a little black shrug that will go with it and shoes and a bag ....though one can never have enough shoes and I dont happen to have any leopard skin pumps ......yet..... and if hubby and my mother approve the outfit then I will have saved hubby a small fortune so ..... :D :laugh:

I will have to model it for hubby tonight and send pics to my mum :rolleyes: but so far so good .... and even if they think it's not "right" for the wedding I am definately keeping it :biggrin:

I'm getting a bit rattled! After my invisible dog the other morning, this morning I was sitting reading the paper at the dining table..Rosie was lying by the back door, Dylan was in the living room. I heard the squeak squeak of one of the many squeaky toys, and was just opening my mouth to say "whatcha got, Dyl?" when he came running in, ears up and eyes bright and wide, looking around with the expression everyone with a dog who loves squeakies will know...searching for the source of the squeak! :wacko: :ohmy: Now..I didn't squeak anything (I checked under the table in case I'd trodden on something..nothing there), Rosie certainly didn't, she doesn't even like squeakies and apparently Dyl didn't. THe radio was on, but was playing a song at the time and I've never heard Ken Bruce squeak! I'm beginning to wonder if one of my dogs has come to meet me, or my OH. I shall be very careful crossing the road....

Its kind of nice though that someones still with you