UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

I needed to lose 1/2 pound to get my Slimming World 1 stone award so I was rather amazed to have lost

4 and a half pounds :jumpy:

which meant I got my 1 stone award and I also got my club ten ( for having lost 10 % of my body weight ) and to top it off slimmer of the week

so total at slimming world is 1 stone 4 pounds and total since September including my trip to Sri Lanka is 18 and half pounds

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due partly to not being able to get out and walk during the snow and ice, and partly to too many drinks and snacks over Christmas, I've put on half a stone! :ohmy: There are both Weight Watchers and Slimming World locally, anyone think one is better/easier than the other? I can't really afford to go to either regularly, so which has better menus, systems, whatever that I can follow at home?

Well done Sam that's very impressive.Echoing merledogs request for food ideas especially for sweet things.On my last "diet" I used to have a meringue nest - surprisingly low in calories - with plain yoghurt and fruit which really satisfied the longing for something sweet which there's no point in denying or I'll binge so similar would be fab please.

Well done Sam that's very impressive.Echoing merledogs request for food ideas especially for sweet things.On my last "diet" I used to have a meringue nest - surprisingly low in calories - with plain yoghurt and fruit which really satisfied the longing for something sweet which there's no point in denying or I'll binge so similar would be fab please.

Try some crackers with low fat cream cheese and Cranberry sauce - sweet and yummy :flowers:

If I fancy a piece of chocolate then I have one, but only one piece and let it melt in my mouth very slowly.

Boiled sweets are fairly low in fact but don't eat too many cos they are full of sugar obviously. Fruit gums are also good.

Congrats to Slimmer of the Week :flowers:

I started back on my Wii Fit Plus yesterday. I do the yoga, hula hooping and jogging (Andy joins me for the jogging and spurs me on :wub: ) According to the Wii Fit, my ideal weight is 9 and quarter stone, I'm currently just under 11 stone :mad:

My diet isn't too bad so I think it's just exercise I need really. I need to get out for some brisk walks as when I bring the dogs out, I tend to just stroll.

This place will be great encouragement to cheer each other on

Due partly to not being able to get out and walk during the snow and ice, and partly to too many drinks and snacks over Christmas, I've put on half a stone! :ohmy: There are both Weight Watchers and Slimming World locally, anyone think one is better/easier than the other? I can't really afford to go to either regularly, so which has better menus, systems, whatever that I can follow at home?

i don't know if one is better than the other as such , its probally that some people suit one method other the over. WW has just revamped its system so I don't really know how that works now ( it used to be counting a point value in food to a limit set by WW ) but I understand its all changed for 2011

I am finding slimming world works very well for me ( I am veggie ) and I am never hungry

Slimming World has a lot of free resources on thier website and I also find the magazine has a lot of info and recpies

have a look here at the website http://www.slimmingw...et-profile.aspx

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Be aware that you usually have to pay for missed weeks when you go back, or have to join again if it is too long.

Have a look online. Both WW and SW do online courses or look at Tesco's site. They do an online diet scheme as well.

Well done Sam! flowers.gif

I wonder if people could post the types of food they are eating cos I could do with some new ideas.

As I cook this week I will add some recipes here , my favs are pasta bake , tomato soup and spinach cannelloni

for sweet things I eat Miller Light which come in loads of fab flavours , stewed apples , or hifi bars ( from Slimming World ) or even a curly wurly when the mood takes me

I so need to lose weight but Im not very good at not snacking or doing exercise. I think Im doomed. I am going to try and be more active using my wii. I did notice some difference when I did it last year but it soon petered out.

I snack loads Amy , its just I have changed what I snack on . Please don't feel you are doomed Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif if I can do it so can you honest flowers.gif there are lots of ways to lose weight and its just about finding the rightone for you

Mark really thought he could not loss weight with out feeling hungry and he has lost nearly 2 stone since mid September 2010

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

I lost two and a half stone in 8 months last year by one day a week eating rice Krispies for two meals and eating sensibly on the other,and drinking lots of fizzy water because it makes you feel full. My friend lost 5 stone in a reasonably short time using this so I thought that I would try it.It worked for me too. x

One of my colleagues used this site, and we both found it fab. Him for helping him loose weight, and me as he used to show me how it worked and I thought it was rather nifty.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/lostart.htm

He did loose the weight he wanted to, and he found it great to see daily where the bad points were...for example eating 4 meals a day apparently isn't conducive to weight loss :laugh: exercising did help though, as it gave him less time to eat :ohmy:

Good luck ladies in your weight loss.

I lost two and a half stone in 8 months last year by one day a week eating rice Krispies for two meals and eating sensibly on the other,and drinking lots of fizzy water because it makes you feel full. My friend lost 5 stone in a reasonably short time using this so I thought that I would try it.It worked for me too. x

Congratulations :flowers:

I think this is the way the "Special K" diet works too isn't it? I prefer rice krisies though :biggrin:

My first weigh in at Fat Fighters since December 15th today and I'm pleased to have only gained 3.5 lbs :biggrin: Back on the wagon today and I know I can easily lose that.

Weight Watchers introduced Pro Points about six weeks ago. It's not hugely different from the old points based system. Instead of saving points for naughty things you get 49 extra points per week to use. You cannot save and carry over points from each day. All fruit and most veg is now zero points so I eat tonnes of fruit. I get bored at work and when I'm bored I'll stuff my face. Now under my desk are loads of satsumas, apples and pears :laugh: I now live off of bran flakes, black coffee, fruit and £1 WW frozen lasagnes :laugh: