UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 - What Do You Hope To Achieve?

merledogs

I won't call them New Years Resolutions because we all know those get broken within the first week of the new year :rolleyes:

So let's say what we all hope to achieve in 2011 :flowers:

I hope to:

Finish my purchasing degree (MCIPS). I have three exams left to take, and am waiting on the result of one I sat in November (result is out 3rd Feb). Hopefully my last exam will be in May, but if I fail any, then I can do them in July or November, so one way or another I WILL finish my exams this year.

Lose weight by eating more healthily and eating less - I started this process already in October and have lost quite a bit of weight, but I have stuffed my face over Christmas so have undoubtedly put some back on, but come Tuesday I will be back on the wagon.

Get at least two more rooms decorated - since I've been doing my MCIPS, and with the black hole that engulfed me for far too long (mostly gone now), I lost my motivation to do anything DIY related around the house, so I have lots more to do. I want to decorate my bedroom and either the back bedroom or the front room by Christmas next year.

What do you plan to do? :flowers:

We're moving to France late Jan/early Feb so I guess my main goal is to learn to speak French :laugh: I have found out where the local rescues are so want my French to be good enough to volunteer and eventually foster/adopt more dogs as I'll have more time and space.

Also need to detox and lose weight but as I won't be working I'll have no money for wine so hopefully that will be achievable :laugh:

I want to lose some weight and become fitter and more supple so that I am not so much like a blob of jelly on the horse at riding lessons.:laugh: Hopefully taking up pilates in the New Year.

Also there is a small void left in our house that needs filling, so a new pooch would be nice! :woof:

I'm with you there Barbara, I know we are supposed to embrace change but secretly, I'm a bit scared of it.

I *will* go back to pilates this year, I am as stiff as a stick.

And I would so like to be more organised and therefore have more free time, but I say that every year and nothing changes. To be fair though, I don't change the way I do anything so it won't, will it :rolleyes:

We've been talking about getting another dog but I don't know if that will actually happen. Losing Tess was awful and I'm too scared of giving my heart to another.

Edited by JulesB

Finish my degree

Organise my time so I can do the above and get a reasonable mark.

Sort out Breckin's agility and get some one to ones done

Start Talyn on some agility

Do more shaping with all the dogs

Get running properly again

Find new places to walk the dogs, particularly ones on the route to work!

I hope to find a new job to see me through until I can hopefully build a business up. I'm launching a business next week which will be a slowly slowly affair and I'm not expecting it to grow much ever. But will be something to run alongside hopefully book-keeping and dog behaviour type stuff. I can't see much happening in 2011 as it's early stages. At least I'm doing something about my situation so it's making me feel better.

I think scary is good if you have something to fall back on if it doesn't work out.

I have a couple of things one is to achieve a 100% recall with Como - he's on the way but if something more interesting is around he "c***'s a deaf 'un" and disappears.

The other is the scary life-changing one. I'm not leading the life I want to lead in terms of lifestyle and location. The change I want is big and scarey and would affect my family and friends quite a lot so it needs a lot of thought and planning etc. It's still in the where shall I go? what should I do? should I? shouldn't I? stage. I haven't discussed it with anyone yet so it's all staying in my head for now. :whistle: