UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly Random Mundane Fact : My birth town Haverfordwest literally translates as "Ford used by fat cows" laugh.gif

:laugh: :laugh:

my dad and stepmum were having work done on the house recently when the guy asked why they chose the houses name. They explained it was named that before they bought it.Turns out it literally means whore house :laugh: :laugh:

That explains your facebbok post Alex. I was thinking I had missed something and you had moved! :laugh:

Trudi, make sure you aren't late when the transport arrives tomorrow now. :laugh: Glad that you are at the end of your therapy.

Mags, well done on the 6months target.. Now to get to 12 months...... :biggrin:

We have been told by social workers that MIL will be going home next week. They have to move in a hospital type bed and hoist first and she will have a live in carer. :biggrin: It will be so much less stressful for everyone with her being at home.

We decided to have a 'night off' tonight and not go visiting after work as we are both shattered. Getting ready for a relaxing night and I now appear to have ear ache! :rolleyes:

This year is just brilliant......NOT!! And our numbers didnt come up on the lottery last night! I was sure they were the ones! :laugh:

Trudi you are amazing :flowers:

And congrats to Mags for 6 months :flowers:

Have not been on here much as have mostly been out tracking. I keep meaning to start a thread about it but by the time I have got back from doing it I am too tired :rolleyes:

Mum has become considerably less confused. It seems likely that she is not suffering from the beginnings of dementia but may have had a very mild stroke.

Morning :tired:

Owl - am pleased that your mum doesn't have dementia :flowers:

My dad and stepmum were having work done on the house recently when the guy asked why they chose the houses name. They explained it was named that before they bought it.Turns out it literally means whore house :laugh:

:ohmy: :laugh:

We have been told by social workers that MIL will be going home next week. They have to move in a hospital type bed and hoist first and she will have a live in carer. :biggrin: It will be so much less stressful for everyone with her being at home.

Pleased to hear that :flowers:

Glad that Mums are doing ok(ish) and that the world is treating them as kindly as possible :flowers:

MY stupidness knows no bounds, I dropped the casserole on it's way out of the oven last night breaking the oven door in the process - this morning I decided to watch the programs I recorded last night whilst hhubby has a lie in and spent ages pressing the button for playback on sky - wouldn't work so disconnected sky and reset it............

The reason they wouldn't play back is that they won't be recorded till tonight :blush:

Afternoon :wavey:

Tis a beautiful day here but very cold again. OH is destroying another ceiling and I MUST only come on here as a little reward for each of my many tasks I achieve :rolleyes:

Trudi - do you think the physio has helped enough?

Owl - I'm thinking it is a good thing your mum has had a mild stroke rather than suffering from dimentia? I hope she continues to improve :flowers: It sounds very like the mother of a lady here in the village who went through a very confused and vulnerable period after she broke her femur a couple of years ago, and they were worried she had suffered a head trauma but finally decided it was a mild stroke. She is much improved now.

Now I have my norty coffee I am off to put dirty clothes in the machine and clean clothes away in cupboards instead of storing them in laundry bags around the flat :laugh: