UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Joyful Jawings

Mommy Bear

:GroupHug: Murtle :GroupHug: my mum works for our local authority... they have a thing called promoting health, as she has asthma and gets a lot of chest infections she has been off ill, apparently if she is off sick they will try to dismiss her :ohmy: she won't have been sick for 12 months this february but still this is not good enough :angry: she has her union backing her but it makes my blood boil....all stupid rules like that mean is poorly people go to work and make everyone else sick too :angry:

i have just got the filthisest look ever :laugh: laney barked at another dog and i was looked at is if i had actually kicked their dog or something :rolleyes:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a abscess ,

I don't have a rear right wisdom tooth either as it has been extracted as that was what was causing the pain the problem ( it never fully descended )

currently I can't feel my face as the the drugs are still doing there funky stuff I hope its still okay once the drugs wear off.....

Missus Murtle how do you feel now ?

OMG I've been bursting into tears over not very much for two days now. I don't feel sad or depressed but all sorts of stoopid stuff is making me cry. :rolleyes:

It's a bit like having PMT (this would be a medical mystery, not to say miracle) without the wanting to kill someone feeling.

Griff, if your Mom came into work poorly I'd batter her managers for her!!

I have slept on and off throughout the day. I have now been in bed since 10am yesterday apart from shower time, wee stops and pyjama changes. I have sweated and sweated and sweated and really hope I start to feel better soon. Have lost my appetite and don't know what to eat now.

Thank you for asking :flowers:

Ouch ouch ouch Sam

Jazz, I didn't know that with under active thyroids and prescriptions. I have a monitored thyroid for when it goes topsy turvey :laugh:

Thank you purple_mog :flowers:

there are certain conditions that give you free prescriptions. well worth having a look, saves pounds.

People who have certain medical conditions

Although there are many conditions requiring regular medication, only the following qualify for an exemption certificate:.

•Treatment for cancer; note this includes treatment for the effects of cancer, or treatment for the effects of a current or previous cancer treatment. (Not available for patients in Scotland.)

•A permanent fistula requiring dressing.

•Forms of hypoadrenalism such as Addison's disease.

•Diabetes insipidus and other forms of hypopituitarism.

•Diabetes mellitus except where treatment is by diet alone.

•Hypoparathyroidism.

•Myxoedema (underactive thyroid) or other conditions where thyroid hormone replacement is necessary.

•Myasthenia gravis.

•Epilepsy requiring continuous anti-convulsive medication.

•A continuing physical disability which means you cannot go out without help from another person.

If you have one of the specified conditions ask for an application form (FP92A England and EC92A Scotland - clearly marked 1 January 2009) from your doctor's surgery. You need to fill it in and your doctor (or an authorised member of the practice staff) will sign to confirm the information you've given is correct. You will then be sent a Medical Exemption Certificate.

If you have a Medical Exemption Certificate all your prescriptions are free, whatever the medication is for