UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Would You Do Differently If You Were 20 Again?

Spins4me

Following merledogs saying, "Oh to be twenty again". What would you do differently if you were twenty again?

I wouldn't dump boyfriend I had then. I only dumped him because he was a couple of years younger than me and at that time I thought that my ideal man had to be older than me. DUH! I have realised since that it was a stupid decision, which hurt a very lovely person.

Such is life.

Nothing :flowers:

I married my first Husband when I was 20 and it was through him that I met Pete when we were living in Germany Nothing at all happened between us at that time but we did fancy each other like mad - unbeknownst to each other.

Pete walked back into my life 12 years after I had last seen him, we were both single and knew pretty much from the start that we were meant to be together. We are soulmates, together now for nearly 11 years and married for nearly 7 :wub:

I would have stayed in college/ uni and not partied as much! I would have admitted I was gay instead of spending years in a relationship with a man I couldn't stand!

I would have liked to have been 20 a couple of decades earlier because I would have had much more fun in the 80s than the norties! :laugh: I would have been a rocker or Culture Club enthusiast :laugh:

Iw as training as a nurse, but left for various reasons. I wish I hadn't, so that I would have a career now, or that I had trained as a vet nurse or similar. I wouldn't really change anything else. I have been happily married since I was 20. Perhaps wish I could have travelled more though.

Similar to you really but in my case i dumped a lovely guy for being too nice, :( pathetic.

I've done that several times and really regret it now :(

I would have liked to have been 20 a couple of decades earlier because I would have had much more fun in the 80s than the norties! :laugh: I would have been a rocker or Culture Club enthusiast :laugh:

It was VERY fun :biggrin:

I would do lots of things differently - in fact most of the major decisions I made would be different. I would be less of a spendthrift, would have taken opportunities which came along rather than missing them, and I would have never have married the person I did.

The only thing I can hope now is that I get the decisions right going forward, although there are far fewer opportunities these days.

i wouldnt change a thing i walked out on a violent and abusive relationship when i was twenty and with just three weeks to spare before i married him :rolleyes: that said i wouldnt want to have not been with him at all because he learned me lots about people and about myself and taught me to be emotionally invincible :biggrin:

I wish I had followed my heart and joined the army. I wanted to go into the dog section, so as much as I have done many mad, bad and stupid things for the last 20 years, chances are, I would still have ended up owning a boarding kennels. Just would have been a different route to getting here.

I also wish I had listened to a friend who tried to tell me my ex was a total @rsehole when I started to go out with him so I would sure as hell change that scenario :laugh:

As Robbie Williams says, no regrets, they don't work, no regrets, they only hurt. He's right. I can honestly say I don't regret anything at all. I've made some rather silly mistakes but I can't say I regret them because they've brought me what I have now. Everything happens for a reason.