UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Geek Help Please

Ruthi (borrowadog)

My contract is up soon, so I need to think about what to get to replace my rather battered Blackberry.

I love the keyboard, so I think the choice is between a BB Torch and the HTC Desire Z. If there is no difference then I'll go Blackberry, but I just wondered if anyone had either and could tell me how they find them?

My main beef with the BB (Curve) is the problems of internet browsing. Unlike the Iphone (which isn't an option because I really don't want a touch screen keyboard) it doesn't re-arrange the text when I zoom in on internet pages. And it never really gets big enough to read comfortably. Does the HTC do the same as an iphone?

Have you tried the BB Bold 9700

After trashing my BB Storm because it was so crap I was given a Bold to replace it and I love it. No probs with internet and texting easier with qwerty keyboard

My 8900 is the predecessor to the 9700. The screen is so small it makes surfing difficult. I really like the way the iphone handles webpages, resizing and adapting the layout. But there is no way I'd buy one, I don't think the battery would last a day for me.

I have read that battery life is disappointing on the HTC too :unsure: