UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lennox Case

• 9 months later...

we have a copy of the judgement there is no legal loophole the order was made based on the evidence of both prosecution and defence and the judge decided as is his right on the evidence that he was not satisfied that there was no risk to public safety based on what the defence themselves said as well as the prosecution. It was up to the defence to satisfy the judge due to the burden of proof being reversed and he found that in the main their evidence supported the opinions of the prosecution rather than dispelled them.

The law doesnt give any leeway if the judge is not satisfied and states that if this is the case they must pts.

Terribly sad situation but not one i see changing due to any legal loophole.

I cannot believe some of the stuff being said regarding the Lennox case!

The integrity and intentions of some very well respected people are being questioned, not nicely I might add.

Representatives of The Bull Breed Advisory Service and Deed not Breed are being villified by people who know sweet FA!

This campaign has degenerated into one huge slanging match, if only these people could put the same amount of time and effort into the camapign against BSL, it would have been put before parliament and the DDA would have been overhauled by now.

Sorry, rant over.

Thank you for your support :flowers:

I believe both melp and myself have posted only in order to clarify points on which we have information or experience and we have done so as ourselves and not in the name of our respectful organisations.

We have consistently refused to comment directly on a case in which we have played no part or on the professionals who were involved and who gave evidence on their opinions. opinions however distasteful to some are theirs to have.

I hope we have achieved our aim to be impartial and to not force our own opinions on anyone else and allow them to make up their own minds as that was our only intention. We cannot and will not interfere in a case which has legal representation unless we are directly asked to do so by the legal teams involved.

Threats do not bother me nor do untrue allegations, however what does bother me is how all of this can possibly help anyone.

Comment from Victoria Stilwell, realistically criticising events & calling for change for the future rather than now expecting to save Lennox. I'm sceptical that any Judge would ever accept the word of someoene commenting by video observation alone, however well known they may be, but nevertheless it's an interesting read I thought.

http://positively.com/2011/10/09/how-the-legal-system-failed-lennox/

DNB and BBAS have consistantly refused to discuss or get drawn into discussions about the case. We weren't involved then, we're not involved now and we won't be involved at any point in the future. Not only has the reputation of DNB been called into question, so has my personal integrity and all for NOT discussig something we were never involved with in the first place. I won't even comment at all on any FB page anymore because of this and am saddened to see people who know me well, criticising me for remaining neutral at best and 'as bad as the people who want him dead' at worst. It's quite disgusting.

DNB and BBAS have consistantly refused to discuss or get drawn into discussions about the case. We weren't involved then, we're not involved now and we won't be involved at any point in the future. Not only has the reputation of DNB been called into question, so has my personal integrity and all for NOT discussig something we were never involved with in the first place. I won't even comment at all on any FB page anymore because of this and am saddened to see people who know me well, criticising me for remaining neutral at best and 'as bad as the people who want him dead' at worst. It's quite disgusting.

The Lennox campaign has become synonymous with slander, libel, threats and keyboard warriors. I have had more than my fair share of all the above.