UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Festive Creative Challenge Thread!

cycas

OK, the way we're going to do this is like this :

You make a Festive Decoration. Your decoration can be superb, disastrous, minimalist, extravagant, or comical. It can be laughably bad, or totally awesome. It can be large, or small.

The important thing is :

1) you make it yourself

2) you take a photo of it and post it in this thread before the end of Monday 20th December 2010

You can make a donation to the Oldies Club to show your support on the Festive Challenge Justgiving Page.

OR, you can get someone else (or, several someone elses) to sponsor your Amazing Work in the best tradition of Public Art, and make a donation (suggested £1 or more!).

OR if times are really, really hard, you can not donate at all.

But, if you did that, you would have to face Trish the oldie Sponsor Chihuahua:

trishxmas1.jpg

crying_anim.gif

The arty creator of the Bestest and Most Awesome decoration will win a £10 theatre voucher.

If we get a lot of entries then I may try to come up with some other awards (eg : Best Bah Humbug! but we'll see how many people actually enter first )

I suggest we keep this thread for the Amazing Creations Themselves, and discuss them in other threads, to make life slightly easier for our Festive Guru who will be judging.

Edited by cycas

Here is my entry. It is a table centerpiece that will take you through from daytime, to those romantic evenings by the fireside. No Christmas table will be complete without one.

It is called,

"The night after Christmas (and Santa's having fun!)".......................

By day..............

DSCF0127.jpg

For evening.........

DSCF0134.jpg

Close up to see the "quality"

DSCF0125.jpg

I have paid via Paypal on the Just giving page. :flowers:

Edited by houndzrus

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry - I never got round to finishing my entries and I was so enthusiastic when I first saw the thread. Sadly someone's stolen my mojo and it's proving too much for me even to push the hoover around at the moment, never mind making things look festive.

And anyway I couldn't compete with Santa's morning after - awesome.