UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Choosing Toys - What Goes On In Meg's Head?

Fee

More worrying than what's going on in Meg's head, is what's going on in your head, Fee! :laugh:

Well I'm certainly not going to attempt a graphical representation of my thought processes laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Fee

:laugh: :laugh: Aww Meg ... love those last pics!

I don't think Billy has very much in the way of thought process, he just always wants whatever toy Sam has. Sam on the other hand, being a clever Collie, knows every toy by name and has his favourite which he always looks for after his tea. He thinks it's great if you ask him to fetch a specific toy and he gets it right every time.

Yes, mine hunt for the toy they want and no other will do.

We have a store of logs beside the woodburning stove and my dalmatian will rummage through the cut logs until he finds the 'special' one, which is always near the bottom, pullsl it out carefully and delicately nibbles it, spitting the bits out.

Then he walks away leaving a mess behind.

When he was a youngster I had three china ornament dalmatian dogs- one sitting, one standing and one lying down.- which sat on the mantlepiece.

When we were out he would carefully lift off the standing one, which was placed behind the other two, and place it in the middle of the floor. We would find it sitting there when we came home.

He had to stand up on his hind legs to reach it and reach over the other two figures which were never disturbed.

Now that is odd - and very impressive that he managed it without knocking the other ornaments over unsure.gif

Lizzie loves all of her squeeky toys but for some reason doesn't like them to be in the house :wacko: We have a garden full of muddy wet toys because as soon as she gets a new one she feels the need to take it outside and if I bring it in she takes it back out again :rolleyes: When she finds balls on walks she refuses to take them home either.

My old lab loved his toys but was totally indiscriminate and just wanted to toss them all about the room when he was in the mood.My two oldies don't play with toys but I now have a young mini dax who loves his toys and chooses different ones . If he's in a 'killing' and throwing around mood he chooses soft toys and does a lot of pouncing and dragging them from room to room but will sometimes sort through and choose tugger toys or chewy ones which have to be taken onto a rug and savoured.