UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Brag Alert!

BillyMalc

Kiera and I have been competing in agility for just over a year now, gradually getting better, but still quite safely stuck in grade 1, the very first level (with grade 7 being the highest). Up till today: Kiera was really up for today's show and I finally found my mojo as well (it's taken a while .... ). Kiera flew, I guided her right and .... we came 2nd in jumping and 1ST IN AGILITY!!!!!! The last win means we are no longer in grade 1 but have moved up to grade 2!!!

Now tradition has it that people whose dogs win rosettes and trophies post a picture of said dog proudly posing with them, but when Kiera got home she had different ideas: she was knackered and wanted a snooze on her cushion by the heating. "Sod yer posing, I've done enough for today" she said. Fair enough! So here she is, my little agility queen, with her 2nd in Jumpping (blue) and first prize in Agility.I am SO PROUD of Kiera and love her SO MUCH!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

(goes without saying that I would've loved her just as much if she'd not wanted to do agility! Just in case anyone starts thinking :))

DSCF0507.jpg

Thank you!! :flowers:

Kiera did have a good nap, dinner, more naps while having her belly tickled and finally a good night's sleep. That set her up for a nice long walk this morning, when she was refreshed enough to give poor old Sparks a run for his money, bless him :wub: :wub:

I am absolutely bursting with pride! :biggrin: :biggrin: First of all I thought we'd never be good enough to compete, and then I was convinced that there'd be no hope for us beyond grade 1 - but more for my lack of guiding skills than Kiera's ability to jump and run. Now it all seems to have come together though, and I now have to remember to take that silly grin of my face whenever I think back about it (can you believe I still remember the whole course off by heart!) - it's starting to hurt! :wacko: :biggrin: