UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Need To Buy Xmas Pressies For 4 Children

I have 4 children to buy from this year which is unusual as I am a bah humbug and its a real challenge as I am a bit out of step with what little people like nowadays

x1 Boy 4

x 2 girls 3

x 1 boy 18 months

I know both girls are huge fans of Peppa Pig and the oldest boy Ben 10 ( who ever he may be ) but I was actually hoping to find something slightly more unusual that still had a bit of meaning to it but not so boring the children would rather play with the box

Its a pretty tall order I know but one my fellow fugees can help me with I am sure :)

Sam " I am not really a shopping elf sort of gal" Green

P.s my budget per child is approx. £25

Hi Sam

I am also out of touch with the things young children like & I have a nephew & niece to buy for (aged 5 & 2). My brother sent me a list - Ben 10 & Peppa Pig are obviously in as there was a Peppa pig towel & Ben10 bedding set, plus temporary tattoos. There was also microwavable monkey & a personalised Thomas the Tank Book

Last year I sent a "Buid a Bear" gift card for the older child which was well received

Liz

Thanks Liz ,

whats a microwavable monkey ? unsure.gif is that legal laugh.gif

have had a look at Boots.com for the branded stuff and its fab , all the toy are 3 for 2 and its 3 % to Dogstar via easyfundraising plus money back on my Boots card

If I buy that way the cashback to Dogstar can count as the "meaning" I guess

whats a microwavable monkey ? unsure.gif is that legal laugh.gif

Microwavable Monkey Warmer £9.95 + £2.80 delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intelex-Cozy-Plush-Microwavable-Warmer/dp/B002OOWIQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290370566&sr=1-1

Said monkey smells very pleasant with wafts of lavender. He has yet to be microwaved. Tis to be hoped it doesn't encourage thoughts that real animals are microwavable :unsure:

This info from Money Saving Expert looks useful for anyone buying toys :flowers:

http://www.moneysavi...-st-sales-diary

Fabbo :jumpy:

Microwavable Monkey Warmer £9.95 + £2.80 delivery

http://www.amazon.co...90370566&sr=1-1

Said monkey smells very pleasant with wafts of lavender. He has yet to be microwaved. Tis to be hoped it doesn't encourage thoughts that real animals are microwavable :unsure:

oooh I like that biggrin.gif

I did a home visit where the kids had an aquamat/aquadraw thing which is a big mat (suprise!) and a pen which is filled with water and then draws on the mat - parents thought it was brilliant for kids!

Sorry not explained it well, but I'm sure early learning will have them!

I'd thought about buying the Aquadraw for my grandbrats but there were so many bargains about it was hard to pick. Tesco also have some toys at half price, what I did before I bought any toys in the sales was to google them or look them up on Amazon just to make sure they were being sold at a higher price elsewhere, not that I think for a moment shops would inflate the price of stuff just so we would think we were getting a good bargain.