UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Hope you have a good journey back, Sandra.

Thaw continues here, birds sing, everything is mostly misty but the sun shone through for a while.

Had my mum's carer on phone at lunchtime, mum was still in nightie as had forgotten how to get dressed :unsure: but she did go and dress when the carer came. I am going to pop over there soon. She won't let carers do any personal or hygiene related care for her, she will only allow me or my sister to do it. I can see me driving over there morning and evening at this rate to do dressing, washing, undressing etc. I suppose most people would say so I jolly well should, but it seems unnecessary when she has carers who are really nice and helpful and are already there to assist her.

Had my mum's carer on phone at lunchtime, mum was still in nightie as had forgotten how to get dressed :unsure: but she did go and dress when the carer came. I am going to pop over there soon. She won't let carers do any personal or hygiene related care for her, she will only allow me or my sister to do it. I can see me driving over there morning and evening at this rate to do dressing, washing, undressing etc. I suppose most people would say so I jolly well should, but it seems unnecessary when she has carers who are really nice and helpful and are already there to assist her.

Sorry to hear that your Mum is deteriorating. :GroupHug: As your Mum has good carers you shouldn't need to go there every day. Hope you get the personal care issue resolved. I have every sympathy as my Mum had dementia and every day was a battle with her.

the carers are there so you dont have the pressure of looking after your mum. the lady by me wont let the carers in but cant look after herself. the neighbours have to do it.

ive cleaned the garden and the kitchen. the dogs hot dog cakes are just out of the oven, they smell nice

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas....mine has been very quiet, apart from Nico's mugging, :rolleyes: OH has had flu really badly since Christmas day, we have a big X on the door keeping everyone away. All communication with friends and family has been done by phone. :laugh:

I am knackered keep running up and down with paracetamol, hot lemon drinks, new boxes of tissues etc., oh and mopping the fevered brow. Just hope I get the same consideration if I get it. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Sorry to hear that Owl, hopefully your Mom will allow them to help her more.

The man opposite us who had a stroke recently won't have home help so his place gets into a state. It's hard as he is so independent, however even the ambulance staff were shocked that he had no home help.

Sorry to hear that Owl, hopefully your Mom will allow them to help her more.

The man opposite us who had a stroke recently won't have home help so his place gets into a state. It's hard as he is so independent, however even the ambulance staff were shocked that he had no home help.

I will have to try and put my foot down. The rest of the family agree that daily personal care should not be down to me.

That's what the carers are for isn't it. Is it because you've been a carer yourself in the past do you think? She must have let nurses help her in hospital.

Been busy doing Oldies stuff today. Back to work tomorrow for 1 day. Groan.

No Michelle, I don't think any kind of logic applies here. She didn't mind nurses helping her, she has just drawn the line at carers doing it. We have a battle royal to get her into clean clothes as she says she doesn't need them. Tomorrow is going to be fun, I need to persuade her into letting me wash her hair as she looks a wreck. It's very strange as she has always been very particular about her appearance, while to her dismay I have always been a complete scruff, and here I am trying to keep her in a presentable state.

Hi fee4, nice to see you here again :wavey:

No Michelle, I don't think any kind of logic applies here. She didn't mind nurses helping her, she has just drawn the line at carers doing it. We have a battle royal to get her into clean clothes as she says she doesn't need them. Tomorrow is going to be fun, I need to persuade her into letting me wash her hair as she looks a wreck. It's very strange as she has always been very particular about her appearance, while to her dismay I have always been a complete scruff, and here I am trying to keep her in a presentable state.

I think all logic can go out of the window in a situation like this. My Mum was always very fastidious about personal hygiene and clean clothes etc but as she became more demented she seemed unaware of the need to be clean or to change her clothes. She would get really angry with me if I suggested that she might need a shower, or a change of clothes and she insisted that she was keeping up with her washing. After numerous rows when she told me that I was suffering from confusion (!!!!) I started to gather up her dirty clothes when she wasn't looking, I got my daughter to distract her, and leave clean clothes in their place. We had one carer she trusted and she usually allowed her to give her a shower. It was a very, very difficult time so have a couple of :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Hi fee4, nice to see you here again :wavey:

Is there any way you can convince your Mum that they are nurses?