UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

I have to admire 2 couples, who despite the weather and the state of the local roads, made it here this afternoon to adopt greyhounds. 2 lovely black boys have just left for their forever homes :biggrin:

Fantastic - especialy pleased as it is often undervalued black boys getting rehomed :biggrin:

Had lovely evening with friends watching Strictly final with friends and a bottle of rather nice sauvignon blanc!

Now home and feeling christmassy but white christmas has just come on ipod... followed by let it snow...

Hmmmm... we have escaped this bout of snow but forcast for tonight/tomorrow. My road still about 6" deep in compacted rutted ice. Fear if it snows tonight I'll be trapped in again.

Hope everyone ok in (or rather not in) snow

as usual.....the christmas tree went up, Aaaannd..... the foster kittens brought it down again

Oops! :laugh:

Tonights company christmas party will be attended by ............................................... Me and Paul

:laugh:

RMPic : Buddha wearing a snow suit laugh.gif

P1030272.jpg

:laugh:

I have to admire 2 couples, who despite the weather and the state of the local roads, made it here this afternoon to adopt greyhounds. 2 lovely black boys have just left for their forever homes

:biggrin: Good for them.

Keith's brother-in law was discharged from hospital on Friday and it took TWO HOURS to get the two miles to his home, due to the weather and the gridlocked roads.

I have had been to the hairdressers for a long overdue cut and colour. I had a few coughing fits, but they kept me well supplied with cups of tea and glasses of water. I think they dread me coming in now, ever since the fainting incident earlier htis year, and now this. :laugh:

I think I am making this lurgy too comfortable as it won't shift as it goes into it's third week :mad: Bit fed up of sleepless nights coughing and pulled muscles under ribs now :unsure:

Morning :tired: I went to sleep at 11 last night and got up at 8, although I was up and down with dire rear in the night.

Marge - are you sure it's not a chest infection or something else? :GroupHug:

Hope you're dire rear its better :flowers:

Hopefully not a chest infection , just an annoying lingering cough. (fingers crossed) :unsure:

:yay: for greybobs going to their forever homes

:flowers: to all poorly people

Fingers crossed those snowed in manage to dig an escape tunnel soon :wacko:

I have survived my mothers visit, she only managed to tell ooh about 500 people that I am blind this time which is an improvement on the last visit so she's either learning that it will wind me up lots or is running out of new people to inform :wacko:

We have had no snow and my missing snow shovel is still missing :(

Hope that you are feeling a bit better Miss Merle, it's too cold in the night to keep getting out of bed.

Glad that you survived your mum's visit Trudi. I could do with your snow shovel here, I am getting very bored of being stuck at home. I need to do exiting things like take the cardboard recycling and used chicken bedding to the tip. Really hope that the roads are clear enough for us to get to the funeral on Wednesday and then for Sainsburys to bring my food shop afterwards.

Buddha looks like he's wearing a poodle costume to me!

This Christmas skin is REALLY festive. It's like they kept doing bits, and 'no, not festive enough! Add more Christmas!'

LMAO I rather like it - although I have enough snow for real here without more on the forum lol

Morning

I can see the xmas skin when I pull the refuge up but once I log in it disappears.

Alex hope your tum has settled down now. :GroupHug:

Marge might be worth a visit to the docs :GroupHug:

Parents do seem to go over the same thing time and time again and it gets very wearing Trudi. :GroupHug:

Must put the tree up today.

Oh I've become all christmassyfied now. Anyone else stuck on the same thing as usual with a dog with his hat on at the bottom of the screen where there is a box with blue click on the drop down menu and select Christmas :biggrin:

ooh, me too! Thanks for the tip :flowers: I like the twinkling lights on out avatars :biggrin:

Thats a rather lovely Christmas skin, It really is Christmas now.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my new Grandaughter. She is called Tiagan but Tigger for short. There have been quite a few comments on FB concerned that we have called a child Tigger !

The little Fallabellas are still causing concern. They are not waterproof, they are skin and bone and appear to need delicing now they have warmed up a bit. Another day left and the foals would have died. We got the tiny babies wormed and Im trying to get as much food into the mums so their milk production will increase because the milk had almost stopped due to their own starvation. I womder how many foals did die before these got out.

Two foals are so stunted they look like toys.

Congrats on your new granddaughter flowers.gif

Poor ickle ponies, I hope whoever did that to them has their b*****ks rot and drop off angry.gif

My tummy is better now, thanks for the concern flowers.gif

I did a DIY cut on Beau's and Taffy's paws and legs in an effort to stop them getting snow pompoms stuck on them. It didn't really work, they still got balls of snow in between their pads which must have been painful. I kept having to stop and de-snow their paws.

Congrats on your new granddaughter flowers.gif

Poor ickle ponies, I hope whoever did that to them has their b*****ks rot and drop off angry.gif

My tummy is better now, thanks for the concern flowers.gif

I did a DIY cut on Beau's and Taffy's paws and legs in an effort to stop them getting snow pompoms stuck on them. It didn't really work, they still got balls of snow in between their pads which must have been painful. I kept having to stop and de-snow their paws.

Vaseline or Paws Wax rubbed on the paws stops the snow sticking.

Doggy conditioner or diluted human conditioner on the legs stop the snow sticking there.