UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

We Didn't Have Plain Old Snow Yesterday, We Had...

celeste

I'd never heard of it, but there are only about 6 Thunder Snow events globally per year, and usually they occur in America, I thought the bulb behind me had blown but it was a flash of lightning in the snow, followed by a huge rumble of thunder, it went on most of the morning, and managed to get a direct hit on Dundee cop shop ohmy.gif

Thundersnow

We had it too, at first I thought the flashes were my neighbours taking night time photos out of their windows :laugh:

I was at Newcastle Airport early this morning in a car park queue - there was a collective jump from everyone in their cars when a great big flash lit up the sky, it was awesome.

We had it too, at first I thought the flashes were my neighbours taking night time photos out of their windows :laugh:

If you get it at night in the snow it can be spectacular, the lightning refracts of the falling snow and creates lots of colours.

We had a horrendous storm with snow towards the end of it. There were several lightening strikes on buildings and trees. One woman recieved burns to her face and hands as she was on her phone at the start of it, her house was struck and the phone caught fire in her hands :ohmy: :ohmy: Never have i seen such powerful lightening or heard thunder like it, i love watching storms and this was incredible, it literally came with no warning rumbles etc. The lightening would light up a room even if all your lights were on :ohmy:

Whereabouts are you crb? Lightening strikes sounds a bit scary :ohmy:

In Guernsey, Channel Islands. There have been loads of lightening strikes over here with these storms including 2 planes :ohmy: one was just about to land the other had taken off when they got hit. Luckily no one was hurt. A local satellite company said after the one on friday they've sold over 100 sky boxes due to boxes being blown by lightening. I love storms but these scared me, i've never known anything like it :(

Edited by collies r best