UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It's Freezing Out There Mum!

merledogs

Those are very smart, do they sell sighthound fit ones?

Not that Mollydog would be seen dead walking in one, we have absolute tantrums and I CANNOT WALK IN THIS THING even with a light raincoat unless it's absolutely frrrrrrrreeezing, but my Mum's whippet Flash might benefit, the poor little soul really feels the cold. I've just bought him some pyjamas for Christmas...

If I hadn't just bought Az a new Blizzard coat I might have got one for him too...

Edited by cycas

I love the neoprene coats, they look really smart (helped by gorgeous models, of course) wub.gifwub.gif

My dogs love their coats, yesterday when it was snowing horrible wet snow they were all double-coated with their equafleece underneath and a waterproof on top. The disadvantage was that I then had 10 damp coats to dry off rolleyes.gif

I lurve Timmy's ears :wub: :wub: :wub: they look like little radar scanners doG bless him :biggrin:

Very posh coats you all have there :wink:

Evie will wear her barbour in the rain but dont do 'warm' coats, they just love to roll in the snow (when it eventually gets to us lol) and Jaffa just wants to rip his PAT vest off so not tried him with any other coat :mecry:

Lovely pics :wub:

I put D&F in their coats today (they only have one each normally reserved for blizzard conditions) as yesterday the dog with very little brain went straight into a mad gallop as soon as he was let off lead and seconds later pulled up with a hurty leg. Combination of rock hard ground and a cold dog = pulled muscles.

Even though Silk has a very thick fur coat of her own I try to get her to wear a waterproof when it is raining heavily, but somehow it never manages to stay on. Pixie really feels the cold so I have a waterproof with fleece for her, which she doesn't like and yesterday when I put it on her she managed to get if off after about 5minutes and as soon as it was off had a roll in the snow - even tho she hates the cold. Starry will be getting one because she has the thinnest coat of all and as she's 14 I'd prefer her not to get too cold. Whether she will keep it on is another matter!!

Your dogs are gorgeous and their coats are very smart. Did they take to wearing them straight away?

They did take to these straight away, because they are fitted snugly around the body so there are no flappy bits and another reason I like them is because they don't move around like other coats, no matter what they do :flowers:

Gorgeous models! :wub: :wub:

I put their jumpers on yesterday as we went to Lyme Park and it's freezing inside the van for a good part of the journey. Sparky looked like he was about to burst into tears and Kiera looked as if she was put into a straitjacket and about to be hauled off to the looney bin! :ohmy: I had a neoprene coat for her too, but hopefully another dog will now be happy to run round with it, because Kiera refused to move point blank when I 'forced' her to wear it, until I took it off. :wacko: Can I just ask where you got yours Alex? Because I got Kiera's from Robinson's, the biggest size there was, and it was quite small for her - and I think your gorgeous rabble is about the same size?

Any case, took their jumpers off once we'd arrived at Lyme, and the first thing they did was roll around on the frozen ground. Me thinks they don't really need coats for walkies :rolleyes: