UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It's Official - Ella Is Ours.

Kathyw

I am soooooo happy. This afternoon I signed the papers that made this wonderful girl a Wardley.

I emailed her previous owner Sara to tell her as I knew although it would make her sad in one way, it would also make her happy knowing that Ella would be staying with us and

not going anywhere else.

Ella is getting closer to CB and BillyBoy - she is a girl who takes things slowly. KazzKitten takes no notice of Ella's attempts to bully her but poor JoJo is still trying hard to be friends with

Ella - trying to rub noses etc but Ella is having none of it. Time will tell and I think they will be friends as JoJo never gives up.

Last week for the first time CB and Ella ran along together turning their heads to each other as if having a chat - made me well up.

Thank you Oldies Club for allowing us the joy of having this wonderful girl in our lives.

I got an email from Ella previous owner and this is what she said.

Hi Kathy,

I'm over the moon you've signed the papers so she's now properly yours! There's nothing I want more than for her to see out her days with you, where I know she's loved and cared for by a devoted owner. It's silly isn't it - it's just a piece of paper - but nice that it's official.

That made me very happy as I know how much Sara loves Ella and what it cost her to give Ella up. To know that she is really happy about the adoption put the icing on the cake.

Ella and CB actually ran about almost playing today as if they both knew and Ella just doesn't do play - she mostly ignores other dogs even the ones she lives with lol.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Kathy shall I add the ones you sent me for the newsletter?

Yes please.

A further update.

Today we met Denise and Fred on the Heath Extension. Ella has met Fred before and ignored him. She did the same today until she lost her ball and as Ella is ball mad she was upset.

But it turned out to be a good thing because suddenly Ella was playing with Fred. CB tried to join in but Ella ignored him. Then later on she started to play with CB! I was nearly in tears as this is the first time Ella has played with another dog. she is usually so focused on her ball that nothing else matters.

So from now on I will have the ball with me but not give it to Elsa until we are on our way back to the car and we go through a field with long grass type stuff that Ella loves to find the ball in and hopefully she will enjoy her playtime as much as playing with the ball.

I meant to add something else about Ella - she is full of surprises - Ella seems to like Latin or Andrea Bocelli!

This morning I was singing along to some carols on youtube, all the dogs were on their beds sleeping/dozing.

When I started singing Adeste Fidelis Ella got up and came and stood in front of me turning her head left and right.

I sang along to another carol - no reaction she had laid back down again, I sang Adeste Fidelis again and up she got and reacted the same.

Then I played it again but I never sang the words - same reaction from Ella. As soon as any carols were in English Ella ignored them.

So this will be played and sung every day as long as Ella enjoys it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E395T9Bl5TM