UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Roxy

Late yesterday afternoon, Roxy, a beautiful and docile one year old staffy girl, was dumped at social services by her young owners father. He explained that he had been looking after Roxy for a week as his daughter had been forced to give her up due to a break in her tenancy agreement. He had given his daughter a week to find a home for her and that week expired yesterday, so he dumped her in the reception area and left. Shortly after, Roxy's young owner turned up in tears explaining that she didn't know what to do.

roxy5.jpg

The staff tried calling various rescues, the RSPCA and the dog warden, but none of them could help. So, they were advised by the head of service to take her to the vets to be put-to-sleep. At this stage, I agreed to take her on a temporary basis until a rescue space or home could be found. So, I am hoping that somebody will be able to help this lovely, lovely girl.

Despite only being 12 months old, Roxy is a very calm and placid girl with good manners. She is quite petite for her breed and very pretty. She has been well behaved with Tess and the cats- but does like to follow them around! She is fully house trained and will let you know if she wants to go out by standing at the back door.

roxy.jpg

She is very, very loving and affectionate and undemanding. She follows basic commands well and has the potential to learn more. She would probably be a great dog for somebody interested in agility as she is very eager to please.

So far everybody that has met Roxy, has fallen in love with her- even those that don't like dogs. She is an absolute star and would flourish in a good home. I really can't speak highly enough of this dog, she is lovely.

If anybody is able to help, please get in contact. flowers.gif

roxy1.jpg

Thank you. Angela gave me the link earlier actually.

It's probably no big surprise that she isn't neutered, vaccinated, chipped etc. But if I am able to find a home for her instead of a rescue space, I will certainly make sure that all that is done first and will be carrying out a home check.

I let her off lead in a small enclosed area of our park today and she is super fast! She looked like a little whippet running around. She is great with other dogs, and even when two unfriendly JRT's tried to surround her, she just took it all in her stride. She has great recall too. She's such a star- just hope we can find somewhere for her asap.

Rescue Remedies have very kindly offered to cover the costs for Roxy to be speyed and chipped, so she is booked in for tomorrow morning.

However, I am now desperate to find her an alternative foster space as we had an incident with two of the cats today and I am finding it incredibly difficult to keep them all separately as I basically live in a shoe box and am now having to keep the cats contained in one of the bedrooms, which is unfair on them. But I also want to do what is right by Roxy as she is so lovely in every other way. If anyone can help please, please, please get in contact. flowers.gif

Roxy is already reserved! partytime.gif

I can't believe how lucky she has been to find a home so quickly, although it's nothing that she doesn't deserve. She is such a sweet little thing.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that she gets on well with Leo, her prospective owners existing dog. They are coming to visit on Saturday, so time will tell. I know Roxy will be fine, I just hope Leo likes her.