UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Likes A Bargain I Does

snow

• 2 weeks later...

:angry: I should've known better than to order anything from Peacocks! My first Saturday job was with them where I was paid the princely sum of £2 an hour for four hours work. My manager was horrid and I hated my time there. Anyway, tempted by the cheap pyjamas I ordered four pairs on their site, two each for Daisy & Molly plus some socks and a pair of slippers. I was rather chuffed with the 20% discount I got too.

The parcel arrived last week but as I had various girls off school sick throughout the entire week it remained unopened with the excuse it was just a parcel for Mr Hazells mother and that he'd take it up there this week. It's easier that way because once opened it was liable to be rummaged in behind my back by nosey children! So this morning, with them all safely out of the way at school, I opened it to wrap everything up. They'd sent the wrong socks and the slippers were the wrong size :angry:

Their website now refuses to aknowledge my email address so I couldn't see my account online and I had to phone them instead. Apparently the right socks and slippers will be sent to me at no extra cost. I can keep the ghastly socks and the slippers. I must admit to being secretly chuffed about the slippers because the ones that came are my size :laugh:

The pyjamas are brilliant :cool:

Their website now refuses to aknowledge my email address so I couldn't see my account online and I had to phone them instead. Apparently the right socks and slippers will be sent to me at no extra cost. I can keep the ghastly socks and the slippers. I must admit to being secretly chuffed about the slippers because the ones that came are my size :laugh:

The pyjamas are brilliant :cool:

I think that counts as being a jammy git rather than a bargain laugh.gif

I got a bottle of Moet champaign in Sainsbury's with £6 off.....I is well posh happy.gif

Here's another bargenous bargain ideal as an Xmas pressie!

A TruPrint Collage photo Mug for just £1.99 delivered!

It's a bit of a fiddle to get it but if you follow the steps then it all comes right in the end...

First click this link: http://promo.truprint.co.uk/DailyMirror/cashqueens

Then either register for a TruPrint account or login to your existing one - once you have done that you are given a promotional code and a link through to Truprint - login and enter the code, it will then tell you your account has been credited with 20 free prints - ignore what it says the code DOES work for the mug.

Then upload the photos you want to use - I've used 7 on my mug but apparently you can use up to 12 - once the photos are uploaded look under products and choose COLLAGE MUG - design your mug then add it to your basket ignore the fact it says £7.99 - it will keep on saying that right up to the very final payment screen - I paid via paypal and it was still saying £7.99 when I logged into my paypal account but on the very final screen when it came to pay now the credit was taken off and all I had to pay was £1.99 postage. I ordered about 10 mins ago and it says I can expect it to be delivered before 20/12 so in plenty of time for Xmas.

I've just received a lovely box of fantastically cheap stocking fillers from this site Tickseed. My girls get really excited every year to see what cheap yet amusing and entertaining tat I've managed to find for them :laugh: I usually buy a heap of stuff from Hawkins Bazaar but fancied a change this year and these guys were recommended to me. I ordered 30 items and including postage it came to around £25. I placed the order online very late on Monday night and it's here already. Super service.

• 2 weeks later...