UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

On A Sad Note.....

GoldenOldie

In November 2006 I adopted 2 oldie labs from separate rescues, Winston, an 11 yr old 'home alone' weighing 53 kgs. and Tammy, a semi crippled girl of 10 weighing 43 kgs., still with her owner awaiting kennel space.

They had treatments for various tumours, arthritis, long standing ear problems (Tammy) and careful diets to get their weight down.

Through all of this they moved house with me, played host dogs to at least 8 fosters, shared beds with the 4 resident cats and generally loved and were loved by dogs/cats/children and grown ups. They were stoic, good natured and occasionally feisty; I have a lovely photo of Tammy looking very pained having to share her new Cesar Milan bed with Lucy, an Oldies foster ,earlier in the year.

In January I lost Winston at the age of 15 and he still very missed, especially by the grandchildren. This week Tammy 's weak back legs couldn't hold up any more and she was tired and distressed. At her 6 month MOT with the vet in June, on her 14th. birthday, we had agreed that when that happened it would be the time to let her go and so yesterday she went on her last journey with peace and dignity over the Bridge, at home surrounded by love,

These and so many other oldies are such wonderful ambassadors for their age and can bring so much joy and love. I still have 2 resident oldies, a 14 yr. old deaf collie x and a 10 yr. old yorkie, both full of life and character and have no doubt that in the next few months there will be another oldie foster or adoptee to join the family.

In the meantime I am proud to have been owned by those 2 old troupers and to have provided for them in their twilight years.

In January I lost Winston at the age of 15 and he still very missed, especially by the grandchildren. This week Tammy 's weak back legs couldn't hold up any more and she was tired and distressed. At her 6 month MOT with the vet in June, on her 14th. birthday, we had agreed that when that happened it would be the time to let her go and so yesterday she went on her last journey with peace and dignity over the Bridge, at home surrounded by love,

I'm so very sorry :mecry:

I had to let my little Molly go to sleep yesterday for the same thing so I feel your pain

:GroupHug:

:GroupHug: I'm sorry to read of your losses. I'm sure these "old troupers" appreciated the times they had with you just as much as you loved them.

RIP Winston, Tammy & Molly :GroupHug:

• 2 weeks later...