UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

*urgent* 'oldie' Transport - This Weekend 24Th Or 25Th Sept For Gemma

Hi,

I got a desperate call about Gemma and immediately organised an emergency foster care placement based on her owners description of her. She sounded incredibly distressed and very obviously grieving and arrived at the placement very thin and dehydrated so I am confident I made the right choice at the time. However, two weeks on and we now have an 'asbo oldie' on our hands - we were told she was around 12yrs and it is possible she may may - we know for sure she's atleast 8-9yrs old. The emergency foster home I put her in take 'old oldies' and Gemma has now been dubbed an 'asbo oldie' as she's now very lively and happy to walk, run and generally be like a "not old" dog !!

She's been offered a home with a gentleman in Cornwall near Lands End and his daughter is coming up to Honiton, Devon this weekend which cuts over an hour off the journey - in light of (a) emergency foster home not being best equipped to deal with Gemma and this opportunity to knock over an hour off the journey I have made this urgent.

I am a private individual who organised Gemma to be placed with another private individual that I knew took in oldies and treasured them etc.. so the ownership would be with him but there wouldnt be any insurance etc.. to cover the run - we are just two people who saved a dog from an extremely distressed (she had stopped eating and howled 10 or so hours a day following her main owner moving out of the home and then just being left) situation where she was making herself physically ill. If we had not taken her she would have gone to the pound and well .. in the state she was in .... :(

She seems a nice dog although typical girl - quite bossy, is still entire (prev season 6 weeks ago) and we know she has a urine infection - this is probably due to stress bless her.

Please is there anyone out there who could help Gemma down towards her new home?

If you can - please call Lester (Dave) on 0121 773 8408 as he is looking after her.

Claire x

p.s. I have just seen that I am supposed to register as a rescue to post here - I have to go out right now (will be back later) and I really need help please ?

Edited by summersun