UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Update On Ella.

Kathyw

Ella's limp became the norm and as she was on painkillers I was very concerned and vet wanted to take x-rays to see if there was anything else going on, so Ella was booked in for this morning.

The way she looked at me as I left her there was heart wrenching but it had to be done, I was terrified it would be hip displaysia and was considering wheels for her.

Tonight we picked her up and the vet said that it was arthritis but more extensive than they thought, she has it in both hips and both knees so she is now on stronger painkillers.

I think that going upstairs at night was too much for Ella and so from now on she will sleep downstairs and have BillyBoy for company. She will have a choice of beds and be warm and safe and that is what is most important. - vet said she can return to normal activity tomorrow so we will take it easy and see how she goes.

The staff at RVC were wonderful and adore her, she is such a sweetheart and endears herself to everyone who meets her.

I am also going to put her on liquid Devil's Claw and fish oil as vet said the fish oil will help her.

I have emailed Ella's original owner of what has happened and assured her that Ella is fine as I know she loves Ella very much and misses her.