UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Menopause

merledogs

I'm at a certain age now where I expect within the next few years to start my menopause (hopefully).

The doc thinks I may be peri-menopausal but I know that can go on for years.

I have read about how awful it is for some people, but have also had a few women tell me that, apart from the hot flushes, they feel better than they have felt in years.

For me personally, having had horrendous problems relating to my periods over many years, I cannot wait for them to stop and for the menopause to start.

I'd really like to get some words of wisdom for anyone who has been through or is going through the menopause - what was it like for you? :flowers:

not gone through it myself but i do recall my nan commenting she felt great :flowers: my mum like you is hoping to get the menopause soon.... i thinks she is sick of the haywire peiods and my dad is hoping it gets a move on so he won't be the only one complaining it is hot when in fact it is cold :laugh: :laugh:

i am sure there are natural supplements that allegedly help although i have no experience of those.

My Peri menopause went on for 10 yearswacko.gifand the last 2 years were the worse.I had very irregular periods sometimes every two weeks,sometimes lasting 6 weeksohmy.gif.

It was a real pain as I always had to be prepared as I never knew when they might start.

I have now been Period free for 2 and a half yearsbiggrin.gifand have had no symptoms what so ever.I have never had a Hot Flush and feel great.I have never taken any medication Herbal or otherwise.

I am 54 now so I was 52 when my Periods finished.

Yep I;ve recently been through it, ok it was horrnedous because I wouldn't have a period for a few months then I would absolutely flood for a few days, but that didn't too long that everything stopped.

It was then the hot flushes started and they are not much fun but I am now through the other side and am at prresent under the doctor because my weight is plummeting :rolleyes: , well I did put a bit on with stopping smoking and this, but in the past 3 months I have shed 3 stone without even trying and I feel great, full of energy and ready to try anything. had just about every blood test available and nothing is showing up, apparently my blood is better then it should be :wacko:

I absolutely sailed through,no hot flushes,once period stopped that was it totally.No mood swings (well other than my normal grumpiness :dry: ) Nothing whatsoever to even show I was in the Menopause other than the cessation of bleeds - and that was welcomed.No medication needed,I took a couple of natural products supposed to help initially but stopped those as well.Not sure if I was just lucky or that there are other women who really have no problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one with no symptoms. I only know I have because I had the coil removed and the doctor asked if my periods were regular and I said I hadnt had any for several years. I assumed it was the chemical in the coil but apparently not.

I had no idea and to be honest it was probably better that way. Ive not noticed any difference at all so I guess Im just lucky.

I absolutely sailed through,no hot flushes,once period stopped that was it totally.No mood swings (well other than my normal grumpiness :dry: ) Nothing whatsoever to even show I was in the Menopause other than the cessation of bleeds - and that was welcomed.No medication needed,I took a couple of natural products supposed to help initially but stopped those as well.Not sure if I was just lucky or that there are other women who really have no problems at all.

Ditto, apart from hot flushes. :biggrin:

I had an early hysterectomy and have been going through the menopause ever since,about 20 years altho it has almost tailed off now. I got every symptom possible to start with but it became easier over the years,but I still get hot flushes. Most people have it a lot easier and I hope that you are one of them x :flowers: