UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Friendly Breakdown Cover

elricc

I think that it depends on the breakdown driver. We broke down once with Charlie and eddie on board and the driver was fine with them going in the cab, he commented on how well behaved they were too. That was with caravan club breakdown, which is provided by green flag.

I had a breakdown recently and had a chat with the bloke who came to get it started again, and he said that they were no longer allowed to carry dogs in the cab, and that this was a recent change.

I'm with Britannia (because in the past other people had had good experiences with Britannia and dogs), but round here support is mostly by a local garage that contracts out to all the majors, so it doesn't really matter who you sign up with. :unsure:

we broke down a couple of years ago with our car,caravan and 5 dogs. The AA came out and the man said that the dogs were supposed to be transported in the car but he said most drivers would allow the dogs in the cab. Mine travelled home quite comfortably and the driver earned himself a decent tip. x

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it depends on the breakdown driver. We broke down once with Charlie and eddie on board and the driver was fine with them going in the cab, he commented on how well behaved they were too. That was with caravan club breakdown, which is provided by green flag.

My RAC renewal came through and I remembered this so rang Green Flag to ask for a quote. They beat the RAC price and when he was saying about bringing the car + caravan + passengers back home if it could not be fixed I asked about dogs (didn't actually say how many dogs at that stage!!). He said no problem, may mean waiting slightly longer for the transporter, would already have had a mechanic try to get the car going but they would have to let it be known to the recovery driver that there would be dogs involved and if one said no way do to allergy or just scared of dogs then would have to wait for another to become free (fair enough) then he said "most people who break down in wiith a caravan have a dog or 2 with them on holiday, so it does not matter if you have 1 dog or 5 dogs hahaha, we can still help" ........... so I took the cue and said actually there were 4! Slight gulp the other end but no problem.

So Green Flag now have another customer lined up for September when the RAC one runs out.