UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

It Never Ceases To Amaze Me That........

Whizzie

My £1 for every time some say a phrase is - 'you'll be glad of it when your 40' Im really young looking for my age. I regularly still get IDed even though Im now 28. I know people are being nice but it doesnt half get on my wick hearing it over and over again.

Oops, I'm sure I've said that to you in the past Amy :D :laugh:

Speaking of sausage dogs, I've been asked if Jake (think of a small greyhound/big whippet) is a sausage dog :wacko:

DSCF0010.jpg

And someone once told her kids to 'keep away from that wolf' (Princess Fairy Lurcher Tess): Tess-1.jpg

And one gripe which started off as funny and how just irritates me because I have heard it so often - every time I am out with the mutts and we see someone we haven't met before, they say : "you've got your hands full there". Really? Could one of them not think of something original? If I had a pound for every time I have heard it, I'd be living on a farm in west wales.:rolleyes:

And me, when I still had Mal! People don't seem to be able to count to any further than 2 when you have dogs! "One, two, how many?" :wacko:

Training Teddy Texas to do some "decomp" tracking, I was asked what it was for. "To find dead bodies!" silence "Oh . Do many get lost around here then?"

:laugh:

Now when people ask me that when they see me with my greyhound my answer is always... 'I tried a few times but he always beat me'

like it! :laugh:

We used to have a black and white border collie and a rough coated black and white jack russell. (both males) I have lost count of the number of people who asked if they were "mother and daughter!" :laugh:

On the subject of dogs with a disability, a man who met me and Jack while out, was disputing me when I told him he was blind. "well how does he walk then" he said. Well that will be on his LEGS won't it? I felt like saying! :wacko: A child has asked the same question, but the child was only five years old :laugh:

One of my housemates used to have a dog with 3 legs (was born with 3 rather than the usual 4). The times we heard people go: "Ohhh, he's only got 3 legs!" To which we'd go: "Oh damnit, have you chewed your leg off AGAIN??" :laugh: The best one (and we heard it several times) was "he's got one leg!". To which we'd look shocked: "Oh no! He had 3 legs when we left the house!" :D

We'd also tell people that poor dog's leg had been hacked off by vivisectors doing an experiment on him :wink:

i was told that if i couldnt look after a long haired dog-i shouldnt have one-as it was cruel to shave his coat off.

Afghans should have a coat or they look all sad-pointing to my saluki.

Granted-he has the face for sad

fee

:laugh:

I'm equally cruel not to clip my poodle crosses and very wicked to put their hair in dreadlocks. And they can't be pulis because there are no such dogs.

On a more serious note, many years ago someone tried to liberate Amy from me in Aberystwyth while explaining how wrong it was for me to have a poodle if I couldn't take care of her and why wasn't she clipped like the other one. Humphrey hadn't been with us long, he arrived clipped off. It was he who noticed the man trying to unclip Amy's lead while fondling her ears and gave a warning growl, bless him. Man was away on his toes pdq.

i have two white deaf dogs caspar an am bull and drift an english bull cross ive lost count of the times people (even those i know should have more sense)have said how do they know which one you are shouting for :wacko: does no one notice that im waving my arms about then? :unsure: or maybe they think standing in a field doing windmill impressions is normal. :laugh:

ive also had when ive explained that pickle cant walk unaided "well how does he walk then?" ummm he doesnt i just said didnt i :laugh:

The local 'know it all' once asked 'what kind of dog is that then?' about my first dog (who was very probably a Labrador x Poodle), as a family we'd always joked that he was Lab x Wolf - a Canadian Wolf Hound - so that's what I told him....... then he asked what we called him - so I said 'allsorts' intending to go on and give examples of the different things he got called, but at that point the man walked off - convinced we had a Canadian Wolf Hound called Alsorts...

I went over to a dog show in Belfast with two others. One had three border collies, one had a working sheepdog and I had a golden retriever.

As obedience competitors one friend and I didn't get a covered bench, but other friend was showing her collies in breed as well so she had a breed bench inside a tent.

It was bucketing rain so my friend said 'Just come into the breed tent. Nobody will object."

As we approached the tent the steward on duty looked at the dogs and said 'Are these border collies?

My friend quickly answered 'Yes' and as he looked at my retriever she said 'That is a new colour of collie. It's a gold one.'

He was satisfied.

Walking through a certain store at lunch time today I overheard a woman say to a small child “you can choose one small chocolate bar …………… and then we’ll go and buy you some proper food for your lunch …………………………… like a sandwich ………………” As I’m nebbing and thinking what a sensible person this is to be encouraging healthier eating and small treats, my illusion was ever so slightly tarnished as she continued without pause for breath “or some chips or crisps or something”. :wacko:

12 types of staffie is classic :laugh:

Ive been asked if Louie is a lurcher by some kids although he's at least a foot too short lol he often gets called Sausage Dog.

My £1 for every time some say a phrase is - 'you'll be glad of it when your 40' Im really young looking for my age. I regularly still get IDed even though Im now 28. I know people are being nice but it doesnt half get on my wick hearing it over and over again.

I know the feeling Amy - only I'm 34...(I was the one on the Dogstar stand that said Hello to Louie...and then the black one,I forget his name that you were taking for a walk for the photographer...)

I get ID'd in Sainsburys and have to now carry my passport if I want to buy some beer on my way home from work.#

My it never ceases to amaze me...is when I contract, why do companies continue to hire contracting staff that are crap...they cost a lot and can be got rid of in a week...why oh why oh why...

I am regularly asked if Scampi (Bedlington/whippet/collie/greyhound mixture of a lurcher) is an 'Alfred' or a 'Greengrass dog'? I usually just say 'Yes, he's a lurcher,' to which some then reply... 'What's a lurcher?' :rolleyes:

However, were there a £1 on offer, I'd want it for the number of times people passed on the street make the obsevation that 'it's raining again.' Yeah, like I'd not noticed and my specs weren't in need of yet another wipe? :wacko: