UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How To Bring New People To The Refuge

Karen

How about an auction - we haven't had one for ages and it would be good to have a clear out after Christmas of all those unwanted presents :flowers: With the added bonus of raising money for a good cause of course - which could be chosen by way of members submitting nominees and then voting on a poll :flowers:

Good idea Alex, I've still got a load of crap lovely desirable but unwanted gifts from last christmas that I kept for the next auction.

h

Are there enough people here to make it worthwhile?

unless some members came back or new members joined up it could be a hard to get it off the ground as there must be a minimum number of people you need involved to make it viable

I think if the fundraising target was set at a realistic level it could still work, also there are not that many hosts around any more ( Auctions used to be very labour intensive ) so maybe setting an area where people add in their own items could help

however I really think the re org of board really needs to be finished before we start trying to host auctions other wise all you are doing is advertising an out of date format to potential new members or returning members and they won't stay

I dont post here or on any other forums any more due to personal reasons, but I do lurk everyday just to see what everyone is up to. I am trying facebook but it is not the same as the forums. I know things will never be the same but I do miss the way it was :(

Hello Loobie :wavey:

Sorry, I didn't mean my earlier post to be totally negative! But, I do agree with HLGS, the proposed re-organisation needs to be sorted out and then an email from the board to all members to say that the Refuge is still here, running better than ever and will be having a super dooper auction between whatever dates.

Then if the auction raises lots of money, fantastic and if not then those of us who are left here will get the message and go away....

I used to be always on here, but a full time job and horse meant I couldn't spend as much time on here. However I now have the ipb app on my iPhone, which means it's a lot quicker and easier to access the forums, which is how I manage to spend more time on here now!!

Good idea Alex, I've still got a load of crap lovely desirable but unwanted gifts from last christmas that I kept for the next auction.

h

I am running an auction for Rescue Remedies on 8th to 15th January, please don't have one at the same time.

When I run an auction the people donating the items put them up themselves, they do have to put their board name and number the items when they post them. This takes a lot of work out of running auctions, they just need watching to make sure the items are put up right and are within the board rules. The work comes when the auction has finished because of getting the information of who has won up.

Auctions do bring people to the forum, the last one I done for Rescue Remedies brought quite a lot of new members, many had never heard of them.

Edited by Mrs Mop